Health Topic Center
CBS Chicago Health News
- Ice Cream Company Issues Voluntary Recall The Blue Bell Creameries recall extends to retail outlets in Illinois, Indiana and several other states.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- Rauner Resists Extending Medical Marijuana Program For Now Rauner was reacting to a bill backed by Rep. Lou Lang, a Skokie Democrat who sponsored the original medical marijuana legislation. Lang's bill would extend the program four years from when the first dispensary begins officially operating.
- Evergreen Park Closes Dog Park Over Canine Flu Concerns Happy Bark Dog Park at 91st and California in Evergreen Park will be a no-bark zone for at least a week or two.
- Illinois Mulls Expanded Disease List For Medical Marijuana Program Petitioners identifying themselves as veterans of Vietnam and Iraq asked that PTSD be included, making emotional pleas for help, according to 269 pages of petitions obtained by The Associated Press through the state's Freedom of Information Act.
- New Medical Marijuana Lawsuits Question Illinois Permits There are now four lawsuits naming the Illinois Department of Agriculture as a defendant and 33 months left in the state's pilot program, which has been troubled by questions about background checks and how the government selected businesses.
- Paralyzed By Motorcycle Accident, Chicago Veteran Can Now Walk Again With Help Of Robotic Device Roosevelt Anderson is walking again three years after a motorcycle accident left him paralyzed from the chest down.
- Illinois Has Approved 2,000 Medical Marijuana Patients The health department says about 19,500 people have started the patient registration process. Of those, about 2,700 have submitted at least part of the application. The tally is still far short of the number of patients the program's coordinator...
- Want To Cut The Calories From Rice In Half? Add Fat Researchers at the American Chemical Society's national meeting recently revealed a cooking technique that cuts 50-60% of the calories from rice.
- Some Illinois Doctors Reluctant To Prescribe Medical Marijuana CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports on why physicians seem to be leery, even if they have qualifying patients.
- Chicago Woman Searches For Her Late Sister's Dress Terry Almanza would like to wear the purple garment at her niece's wedding. CBS 2's Mai Martinez reports.
- Allergy Alert: Tough Season Ahead After a long cold winter, at last spring is in the air. So is something else. CBS 2's Chris Martinez reports.
- Cook County Judge Says Medical Marijuana Delay Can Continue A Cook County judge ruled Thursday that a temporary restraining order delaying a medical marijuana cultivation center in northeastern Illinois can remain in place. Judge Kathleen Kennedy also ordered the plaintiff to post a bond of $200,000 to...
- University Of Illinois Trustees Approve New Medical School The unanimous vote on Thursday means the university and Urbana-based Carle Foundation hospital will negotiate the details of the hospital's pledge to provide $100 million to the project over 10 years.