San Francisco is definitely the perfect place to have a honeymoon, enjoy Valentine’s Day dinner out or just to have a romantic getaway. No matter what your reasons are to get away, San Francisco will definitely add a little love to your trip.
Things To Do
There are many things to do and experience together as a couple throughout the San Francisco area. There is something for everyone, including those seeking adventure or those looking to relax. Whatever your getaway wishes are, San Francisco is sure to have something for you to do.
There are many activities in San Francisco that can help increase the romance during your getaway. Here some of the most romantic activities for couples to experience together during their trip:
- Take a walk hand in hand across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Take boat tour at sunset where you can enjoy cocktails while sailing around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Smell the roses at the Conservatory of Flowers or the San Francisco Flower Mart.
- Go hiking at Muir Woods.
- Spend the day at the spa getting a couples’ massage. Aromatherapy sessions are a great way to set the romantic mood for the rest of your day.
- Visit Crissy Field where you can enjoy a romantic picnic at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge. Then take a walk enjoying the coastal scenery the area has to offer.
- Get tickets to enjoy a concert, the opera, the ballet or a Broadway show at one of the many theaters in the area.
- Sit on the beach at sunset. Do not forget to bring a picnic basket packed with wine and cheeses.
- Hold hands as you ride up and down the hills of San Francisco aboard a cable car.
- Wander through Union Square where you can shop, dine and people watch.
- Climb up high above San Francisco at one of the many different locations where you can get a 360-degree view of the city. Recommended places with the best views include Top of the Mark and Coit Tower.
- Enjoy a tandem bike ride through the streets of San Francisco.
- Dance the night away at the Starlight Room.
Places To Eat
Select the perfect restaurant to sweep her off her feet when visiting San Francisco. Many of the area’s restaurants offer quiet settings with secluded seating, perfect to steal your first kiss or your 100th kiss. Here are some of the most romantic restaurants in the San Francisco area:
Feel the romance at the St. Regis hotel by enjoying a meal that is truly a work of art. Ame offers couples a romantic atmosphere accompanied by Asian cuisine.
Aziza is the perfect romantic restaurant for couples looking for food that is exquisitely flavored. This restaurant features traditional Moroccan cooking combined with some California touches.
Enjoy Wolfgang Puck’s signature dishes at Postrio, where couples can have a choice shrimp-and-pork pot stickers and smoked lobster.
Do not let the name fool you, The Stinking Rose is definitely one of the most romantic restaurants in the area. If you love garlic, then you are going to love this restaurant because it serves cuisine inspired by the ancient Greeks and Egyptians, created with lots of garlic.
Places To Stay
Plan the perfect romantic getaway by selecting the most romantic accommodations available in the San Francisco area. Here are some of the most romantic places to stay when visiting San Francisco:
Once a chocolate factory but now a romantic hotel, the Fairmont Heritage Place at Ghirardelli Square definitely knows how to treat couples looking for romance. Couples can sit by the fireplace, enjoy a complimentary wine tasting or take a romantic walk along one of the many waterfront paths accessible from the hotel.
Nestled right on the water, Harbor Court offers fabulous views of the Bay Bridge. The view, accompanied by in-room spa treatments, will make it difficult to ever leave your hotel room.
Hotel Drisco is definitely one of the most intimate settings in San Francisco. Set in one of the area’s nicest neighborhoods, couples will enjoy taking a stroll hand in hand while checking out the city’s unique architecture.
Always known for its romantic approach to hospitality, the Mandarin Oriental offers couples spacious rooms and beautiful views of the bay.
Offering both spacious and modern room accommodations, the St. Regis San Francisco is one of the most romantic places to spend the night when visiting San Francisco. Guests will be treated to unique luxury amenities, including a spa, deep tubs and butler service.
Spend a romantic getaway in a city that is already well known for its romantic ambiance. San Francisco offers the perfect combination of multicultural urban flair and natural beauty. Experience a romantic getaway at a destination that is nestled at the point where the Pacific Ocean meets San Francisco Bay. Once you visit San Francisco, you will definitely see why it is one of the most romantic destinations in the country.
Related: Guide To Disney World