Fire Breaks Out At Four Seasons Hotel
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
UPDATED 11/12/10 2:08 p.m.
CHICAGO (CBS) - Fire crews swarmed Friday afternoon after a fire broke out in a sauna at the posh Four Seasons Hotel just off the Magnificent Mile.
The fire broke out around 1 p.m. at the Four Seasons, at 120 E. Delaware Pl. The Fire Department called a still-and-box alarm for the blaze.
The fire was contained to the eighth floor health club, where it was burning the roof of the sauna, fire officials said.
There was also smoke on the ninth floor, Fire Media Affairs Chief Kevin MacGregor said.
An Emergency Medical Services Plan 1 was also called, sending five ambulances.
The hotel is located just west of Michigan Avenue and kitty-corner from the John Hancock Center.
The fire was extinguished quickly, but there was smoke well afterward.
A staffer at the luxury hotel said an announcement made by fire officials told everyone to “remain calm.’’
The staffer, who did not want to be identified, said she was helping out with the switchboard, and said “we are still here,’’ when asked if the hotel was being evacuated.
There were no injuries.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.