ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. (STMW) – Three men are expected in court Friday after being charged with an armed home invasion in Prospect Heights last month, for which a fourth suspect remains at large.
Olvin Ceveda, 27; Esmy Ceveda, 29; and Alvaro Chavez-Hernandez, 24, all of Mount Prospect, are charged with felony home invasion. They are scheduled for a bond hearing Friday at the Rolling Meadows courthouse, according to a release from Prospect Heights police.
A fourth suspect, who police identified as Humberto J. “Beto” Bravo-Hernandez, 23, remains at large. He is considered armed and dangerous, and was last seen driving a green BMW with Illinois plates K223845, police said.
Prospect Heights Police Chief Jamie Dunne said probable cause exists for his arrest and authorities are obtaining an arrest warrant.
The home invasion happened about 3 a.m. on Feb. 19 in the 300 block of Clarendon Drive in Prospect Heights.
An “exhaustive” investigation led to recovery of the weapons used in the offense and confessions from the offenders, who were positively identified by the victims, the release said.
The four assailants knocked on the door and three of them forced their way inside, according to Dunne. One man struggled with a woman, then pointed a gun at her as two others ran upstairs to her son’s bedroom. They found the man asleep with his girlfriend and began kicking and punching him, Dunne said.
The man was able to break free and jumped out of the second-floor bedroom window and fled to a neighbor’s house to call 911, Dunne said. Police arrived to find the men had fled.
“This was not a random criminal act,” Dunne said. “The victim was specifically targeted for specific items they asked him for.”
The man and his mother were taken to Glenbrook Hospital in Glenview, where they were treated and released. The girlfriend was not injured, Dunne said.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2011. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)