Counties Ranked For Ozone, Particle Pollution
CHICAGO (WBBM) – There is good news and bad news in the American Lung Association’s annual State of the Air report card.
As WBBM Newsradio 780’s Mike Krauser reports, the study says more than half of Americans live in areas with levels of ozone or particle pollution that is often dangerous to breathe.
LISTEN: Newsradio 780’s Mike Krauser reports
But, says expert Daniel DeNoon, the situation is getting better.
“A lot of the cities that were among the most polluted cities had their best years ever in terms of air pollution,” DeNoon said.
Here is how the Chicago area fared:
• Cook County gets failing grades in both ozone and particle pollution.
• DuPage get a B for ozone and a C for particle pollution.
• Kane county gets Cs for both categories.
• Lake County gets a D for ozone, and an A for particle pollution.
• McHenry County gets B’s for both categorie.s
• Will County is best in terms of ozone, scoring an A. It gets a C for particle pollution.