Electrical Worker Seriously Injured Outside Naperville Retirement Home
Lastest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
NAPERVILLE, Ill. (CBS) — An electrical worker suffered “significant injuries” after being shocked while working on electrical equipment over the weekend at a Naperville retirement home.
As WBBM Newsradio’s Jackie Swike reports, around 4:25 p.m. Sunday, Naperville firefighters and paramedics responded to a call of a man who was shocked at the corner of Ferry Road and Corporate Lane, Naperville Fire EMS Chief Mark Thurow said.
LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s Jackie Swike reports
The man had been working on electrical equipment on the property of Monarch Landing Senior Living Community at 2255 Monarch Dr., Thurow said.
Thurow said the man suffered “significant injuries,” but was conscious and alert when he was taken to Edward Hospital in Naperville. Power was cut to the facilities, and was still out as of about 7:30 p.m., employees said. Though they did not immediately have any additional information.
Power was cut to the retirement home, which had to rely on backup generators after the accident, Thurow said.
A Monarch Landing spokesperson released this e-mailed statement:
“A contracted vendor was injured while working at Monarch Landing on Saturday, August 20 and was transferred to and treated at Edward Hospital in Naperville. It is a very unfortunate situation, and we are hoping this individual makes a quick and full recovery.”
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.