20 Sick From Carbon Monoxide From Grilling In North Side Home

CHICAGO (STMW) — Twenty people were sickened after someone began using a grill inside a North Side home on Thanksgiving night, sending seven people to area hospitals after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning.

An EMS Plan 1, which sends five ambulances to the scene, was called about 10:35 p.m. for high carbon monoxide levels in the 4300 block of West Roscoe Street, according to Fire Media Affairs.

Twenty people were inside the home during a Thanksgiving celebration when someone used a grill inside the home, Fire Media Affairs Dir. Larry Langford said.

Thirteen people were treated for high carbon monoxide levels, Fire Media Affairs said. Seven were transported to Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center and West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park with minor injuries.

The carbon monoxide levels were normalized and the EMS Plan 1 was secured about 11 p.m.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2010. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

  • Mike

    This is why I always say, “People are efn idiots!!! I wonder if they are politicians?

    • Kevonte

      I wonder if they are black!!!

  • Roberta Waker

    Grilling inside the house is pure stupidity. There are many warnings about grilling in enclosed areas being dangerous. You either grill outside or in a garage with the door opened. Duhhh.

  • Bruce

    “If you grill INSIDE your house, you might be a redneck.”

    • Shadaie

      Or you might just be black, HaHaHaHa!!!!!

  • Shamerca Jefferson

    Nothing like fried chicken and ribs for Thanksgiving! Oh, and don’t forget the chitlens and grits, HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Daily Weather Reports Delivered To You!SIGN UP NOW: Get daily weather reports every morning from meteorologist Steve Baskerville!
CBS Sports Radio RoundupGet your latest sports talk from across the country.

Listen Live