Cutler Concerned With Lack Of Protection
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Sports Fan Insider
(WSCR) Bears quarterback Jay Cutler may have gotten help on the wide receiver front this offseason with the acquisitions of Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery, but the quarterback is still troubled by the offensive line.
During his three seasons in Chicago, Cutler has been sacked 110 times, including an NFL-high 52 times in 2010.
“The offensive line is definitely going to be a concern,” Cutler told the Chicago Tribune on Monday, “and seeing where those guys fit in and seeing what five we go with. You know, if Gabe (Carimi) comes back, if J’Marcus (Webb) pans out (and) Chris Williams, where we’re going to put him … there are some question marks there. Until we really get that resolved, get our front five settled, we’ve got some work to do on the offense.”
The Bears may not know what the end result of Matt Forte’s contract dispute will be, but Cutler has a good feeling on how it will all end.
“At the end of the day, we’ll have him the first game,” Cutler told the Chicago Sun-Times. “I rest easy at night knowing that Matt is a true professional and he’s going to come in and he’s not going to miss a beat.”
Forte, who has refused to sign his franchise tag worth $7.7 million, has missed all of the Bears voluntary offseason workouts. The Pro Bowl running back is looking for a long-term deal with guaranteed money.
“Last time I saw him, he said he was lonely. I get it,” Cutler said. “Everyone was gone last year, with the lockout, and you do get that itch to get back in the office and see guys and work out. But Matt’s got to do what he’s got to do for him. Maybe they get a deal, maybe they don’t.”