Nine Taken To Hospitals From CO Exposure On Far South Side
Lastest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (STMW) – Nine people — two of them in serious to critical condition — have been taken to hospitals after they were exposed to elevated carbon monoxide levels at a home in the Far South Side South Deering neighborhood Saturday morning.
An EMS Plan I, which brings at least five ambulances to the scene, was called at 10:42 a.m. after high carbon monoxide levels were reported at 10155 S. Hoxie Ave., according to Fire Media Affairs.
By about 11:30 a.m. the building was being ventilated and people were being treated at the scene, according to Fire Media Affairs. Nine of those residents — two in serious to critical condition, four in fair to serious condition, and three in good condition — were then taken to hospitals, according to Fire Media Affairs.
Three people were taken to Jackson Park Hospital, three to Advocate Trinity Hospital and three to South Shore Hospital, according to Fire Media Affairs.
One other person treated at the scene did not want to be taken to a hospital. As of shortly before noon, fire crews continued to ventilate the building.
© Sun-Times Media Wire Chicago Sun-Times 2012. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.