Reporting Mike Krauser
Don't Miss This
CHICAGO (CBS) — The father of a girl who was chased by a Halloween character at Six Flags Great America last year has filed a lawsuit against the park.
As WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser reports, Marian Pieczonka claims his young daughter Natalie was at the park in Gurnee for the Halloween-themed Fright Fest on Oct. 9 of last year, when a character jumped out of a port-a-potty, scared her, and shot her with a squirt gun.
LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser reports
The character chased Natalie, according to the lawsuit, and the girl fell and suffered scrapes and bruises. The girl’s age was not disclosed in the suit.
Pieczonka blames Six Flags Great America for encouraging employees to frighten and chase patrons inside the park, despite the presence of tripping hazards, the suit said.
Six Flags Great America spokeswoman Kathryn Enrique said Tuesday the park has no comment on the lawsuit.
“However, I can assure you that the safety and well-being of our guests and employees is our top priority,” Enrique said.
The one-count suit seeks $30,000 in damages.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.