1 Dead, At Least 6 Wounded In Weekend Shootings So Far
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (CBS) — It was another violent start to the weekend on Chicago streets, with one man dead and at least six others injured in a series of shootings.
The deadly incident happened in the West Pullman neighborhood around 1:50 a.m. Saturday. Police came to 122nd Street near Lafayette Avenue and found the man dead on the sidewalk with several gunshot wounds to his head.
The Cook County Medical Examiner’s office was not releasing the victim’s name as of late Saturday, but they listed his age as 17.
Another man, 21, was wounded in the shooting. He was shot in the foot, but was able to run home and call police, according to police News Affairs.
At least five other people have been shot and wounded in the city since 5 p.m. Friday.
• Around 5:55 p.m. Friday, a 52-year-old woman was shot and wounded in the 3100 block of West 87th Street, in the Ashburn neighborhood.
The woman was taken in stable condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn with a gunshot wound in the left arm and a graze wound to the chest.
• Around 8:40 p.m. Friday, a 31-year-old woman was shot during a robbery in the 4300 block of West 18th Street, in the North Lawndale neighborhood. The woman was shot in the shoulder and taken in guarded condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
It was not immediately known what items were stolen during the robbery, or why the robber shot the woman.
• About 10:30 p.m. Friday, a man was shot in the chest in the Grand Crossing neighborhood.
The shooting happened about 10:30 p.m. in the 900 block of East 76th Street, police said. The 31-year-old man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in an unknown condition.
A police source said the man was “up and talking” with officers after the shooting. The source said the man was walking when he heard shots and felt pain.
• Around 12:40 a.m. Saturday, a 31-year-old man was shot and wounded in the 8900 block of South Morgan Street, in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood. Someone in a gangway fired shots, police said.
The man was hospitalized at Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park with a gunshot wound to the left calf.
• Around 2:45 a.m. Saturday, a man was shot in the head in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.
The man, in his 20s, was shot in the head about 2:45 a.m. in the 5000 block of South Marshfield Avenue, police said.
Details on his condition were not immediately available.
No one was in custody in any of the shootings as of late Saturday morning, Detectives continue to investigate.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.