Lawsuit: Burbank Basketball Coach Molested Boy During 1980s
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (CBS) — A 40-year-old man has taken the southwest suburban Burbank park district to court, charging he was sexually abused during the 1980s.
As WBBM Newsradio’s Nick Young reports, Corey Ogden alleges in his lawsuit that the park district recreational director, who was his basketball coach when he was a young teenager, repeatedly molested him on at least 20 separate occasions.
The suit says the park district acted with indifference and a conscious disregard for the safety of the children by employing the man, who Ogden says was a known sex offender.
Ogden alleges the coach groomed him for abuse, taking him to professional basketball games in order to gain his trust.
On multiple occasions between 1984 and 1985 the coach called Ogden into his office late at night, under the guise of helping the teen with his homework, the suit states. In the office the coach would sexually assault the boy, according to the suit.
His suit is seeking at least $50,000.
As of Saturday, there had been no comment from Burbank Park District officials.
LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s Nick Young reports
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.