Five Tips To Stay On Track In The New Year
1. Clean out your environment for greater success. Take some time to set yourself up for success by bringing the healthy foods you need into your home and ridding your environments of left-over holiday temptations.
2. Record what you are eating in a way that makes sense to you. These days you could do it in a myriad of ways from paper and pen, to an app, to simply taking photos of every meal you eat. The added accountability and data can lead to greater success
3. Make sure not to cut out the foods you love. Jennifer Hudson eats chocolate every day. She knows how to manage chocolate because she ate it as she lost weight. Had she cut it out she would have struggled to manage it once at her goal.
4. Avoid boredom. Challenge yourself to try a new recipe or food each week. This will increase your “repertoire” of go-to foods and make you more knowledgeable about the impact those foods have on you. Here is a great Weight Watchers staple recipe:
5. Understand that all movement is good movement. Resolve not to start too big, rather start small and allow yourself to celebrate every added step or minute of movement.