Suit: Young Child Found, Ate Used Condom At McDonald’s Play Area
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
CHICAGO (STMW) — A diner at a Gage Park neighborhood McDonald’s is suing the fast food giant, claiming her young child ate a used condom he found in the restaurant’s play area.
Anishi Spencer filed the suit Wednesday in Cook County Circuit Court on behalf of herself and her young sons, Jacquel and Jonathan Hines.
Jonathan, then 3, and Jacquel, 2, were visiting the restaurant at 5733 S. Kezie Ave. on Feb. 4, 2012, when they allegedly found the used condom on the play area floor, Spencer claims in the suit.
The mother claims Jacquel later coughed up a piece of the condom, the suit says. Both toddlers had to receive medical treatment because of the incident.
The suit accuses McDonalds Corp. and McDonalds of Illinois of failing to properly clean hazardous debris from an area used by children.
It also blames the restaurant chain for not using surveillance or inspections to uncover any “deviant activities” at its eatery.
A message left with spokespersons for the Oak Brook-based corporation were not immediately returned Wednesday night.
The three-count premises liability suit claims negligence, and seeks compensation for the children’s medical treatment. It seeks at least $50,000 in damages.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)