Police: Man Electrocuted While Climbing Pole To Tag Roof
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (STMW) – A man believed to have been tagging a roof was electrocuted while climbing an electrical pole early Thursday on the North Side, police said.
The 19-year-old man was climbing the pole in the 1800 block of West Montrose Avenue at 2:45 a.m. when he came in contact with a transformer, police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer said.
He was pronounced dead at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center at 3:56 a.m., Greer said.
Area North detectives are conducting a death investigation.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)