Man Dies From Fire In Gold Coast Apartment

CHICAGO (STMW) — A 52-year-old man found dead in his Gold Coast apartment late Friday died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a fire, and his death was ruled accidental, an autopsy determined Saturday.

Police were called to Richard Fagan’s apartment in the 1100 block of North Lake Shore Drive Friday night to conduct a well-being check, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. Fagan was found burned in the apartment when police arrived. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 11:35 p.m., according to the medical examiner’s office.

An autopsy Saturday found that Fagan died of carbon monoxide intoxication and inhalation of smoke and soot from an apartment fire, and his death was ruled an accident, the medical examiner’s office said.

The police Bomb & Arson Unit is investigating.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

  • Man Dies From Fire In Gold Coast Apartment | Top Chicago News

    […] Read More […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Daily Weather Reports Delivered To You!SIGN UP NOW: Get daily weather reports every morning from meteorologist Steve Baskerville!
CBS Sports Radio RoundupGet your latest sports talk from across the country.

Listen Live