CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Local

Space Heater Sparks Extra-Alarm Fire On South Side

View Comments
Firefighters work at the scene of an extra-alarm fire in the 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue late Monday night, when the temperature was minus 11. The fire started when a space heater was placed too close to drapes. (Credit: NVP News Video)

Firefighters work at the scene of an extra-alarm fire in the 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue late Monday night, when the temperature was minus 11. The fire started when a space heater was placed too close to drapes. (Credit: NVP News Video)

Lastest News Headlines:

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CHICAGO (STMW) – An extra-alarm fire broke out in a home on the South Side Monday night after drapes were ignited by a space heater.

The 2-11 fire was reported about 10:30 p.m. in the 5200 block of South Lowe Avenue, according to Fire Media Affairs. The blaze was struck out about an hour later.

A space heater placed too closely to drapes caused the fire, according to fire media.

No injuries were reported.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2014. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

View Comments