Whole Foods Chain Grabs Seven Former Dominick’s Locations
(CBS) – Whole Foods will be stepping into seven shuttered sites in the Chicago area once operated by the now-defunct Dominick’s chain.
Whole Foods Market, Inc. formally announced Monday it has acquired the seven leases, for locations in the city and suburbs. Terms weren’t disclosed.
“We are incredibly excited about this opportunity to quickly and significantly expand our presence in the greater Chicago area,” Michael Bashaw, Whole Foods Market Midwest Regional President, said in a news release.
“These locations fit well with our 19 existing stores as well as the three stores currently in development. We plan to remodel each store to reflect its community and look forward to offering fresh, natural and organic foods to a broader base of Chicago customers.”
The new stores won’t open until 2015. The locations are:
– 6000 N. Broadway Ave., in Chicago’s Edgewater neighborhood
– 959 W. Fullerton Ave., Lincoln Park
– 255 E. Grand Ave., Streeterville
– 1 N. Halsted Ave., West Loop
– 215 S. Route 83, Elmhurst
– 2748 Green Bay Road, Evanston
– 6300 S. Kingery Highway, Willowbrook
Dominick’s parent company Safeway Inc. pulled out of the Chicago market late last year.