Second Suspect Charged In Fatal Shooting Of Bensenville Retail Clerk
(CBS/STMW) – A Chicago man charged with murder in connection with an armed robbery that turned deadly last month in northwest suburban Bensenville was ordered held on $2.5 million bond on Sunday.
Tremayne Davis, 23, of the 1400 block of North Lotus Avenue, was charged Saturday with one count of first-degree murder, one count of attempted armed robbery and one count of obstructing justice, according to the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s office. He appeared in bond court Sunday.
Surveillance video showed Saghir and another employee exiting the store when two men confronted them, according to a release from Bensenville police. There was a brief struggle, during which one of the men pulled out a handgun and shot Saghir, according to the release. They then ran away, heading east from the store.
Prosecutors say Davis was the getaway driver, and was not seen on the surveillance video.
Prosecutors also say police are still looking for a third suspect involved in this case– the actual shooter seen in the video.
Saghir, of Chicago, was taken to Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, authorites said.
20-year-old Kenneth Bardlett, a Bellwood resident, was charged on Feb. 11 in connection to the shooting with one count of first-degree murder and one count of attempted armed robbery, prosecutors said.
Bardlett was ordered held on $2.5 million bond as well, according to the DuPage County Sheriff’s office.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2014. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)