(CBS) — Wednesday is National Cheesecake Day and Mark Kovacs and Freddie Turcios from The Cheesecake Factory have an easy recipe that you can try at home.
RECIPE: Cheesecake Lollipops
Chocolate Shell Mixture
• 1 ¼ c Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
• 4 T Unsalted Butter
Melt the chocolate with 2 T butter in Microwave. Heat on Medium 30 seconds at a time stirring occasionally until butter and chocolate are completely melted. Once mixture is lump free add the remaining 2 T butter and stir until melted to working temperature 100’F – 105’F
Cheesecake slices (deeply chilled) – We suggest The Cheesecake Factory “Original,” White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle®, Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, and Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple
• Wooden sticks or Lollipop Sticks
• Your favorite toppings (Jimmies, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chopped toffee, coconut & chocolate curls, etc.)
1. Begin with your favorite cheesecake. Remove any loose decorations or whip cream rosettes.
2. Use small scoop to create round balls in the shape of lollipops.
3. Place a lollipop stick in the center of the cheesecake balls
4. “Deeply chill” cheesecake lollipop balls by placing in freezer for 1 – 2 hours. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
5. Remove from freezer. Completely submerge the cheesecake “Lollipop” in melted chocolate (see above recipe for melted chocolate). Be sure to cover the entire ball keeping a clean stick for a handle. (Variation: Using a spoon, pour the chocolate over the Cheesecake “Lollipop”.)
6. Once the slice has been covered in chocolate, hold it over the mixture to let most of the excess drip off.
7. Immediately roll the lollipop in toppings. Set on a sheet pan.
8. Once the lollipop has been dipped and garnished, return to the freezer to set. After setting, each lollipop can be wrapped in a cellophane bag or plastic wrap for up to one week in the freezer.