CHICAGO (CBS) — Ice skating rinks plan to open next month in Chicago’s Millennium Park area.
Chicago’s Department of Cultural Affairs announced Tuesday the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink in Millennium Park set an official opening date of Friday, Nov. 18 weather permitting. That Friday also hosts Chicago’s 103rd Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration.
The rink will be open noon Friday, Nov. 18 and will remain open through the winter season until Sunday, March 5, 2017.
Skating is free and open to the public. The rink offers skate rentals for $12.
The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink schedule and hours:
– Mondays–Thursday: 12 Noon–8pm
– Fridays: 12 Noon–10pm (ice skating lesson at 11am)
– Saturdays, Nov. 19–Jan. 7: 10am–10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
– Saturdays, Jan. 14–March 4: 10am–9pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
– Sundays: 10am–9pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
*The rink will have special holiday hours.
Right now the Maggie Daley Park’s Skating Ribbon is functioning in its spring/summer season with walkers, bikers and roller-bladers, but come November the ribbon will turn to ice and be home to ice skaters.
Though the rink has not released an official winter season date, it does plan to open in late November and will remain open for winter until the first week of March.
Skating is free, with skate rentals for $12.
The Maggie Daley Park’s Skating Ribbon schedule and hours:
– Monday – Thursday: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
– Friday: 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
– Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
*The rink will have special holiday hours and also lists times the Zamboni drives through.
Check back for the exact opening date.