Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Minimum Wage Workers Keep Up The Fight For $15-An-Hour Fast food and home healthcare workers were rallying in the River North neighborhood early Thursday, hoping to keep the pressure on state lawmakers to raise the minimum wage.
- Open Enrollment Period For Affordable Care Act Begins Today is the start of open enrollment for 2015 healthcare coverage under the embattled Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, and across Illinois there have been sign-up events where people can get help navigating the system, reports WBBM's...
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Supreme Court Decision On Employers, Contraceptives Divides Chicagoans One side calls it a victory for religious freedom -- the other, a setback for women's rights. CBS 2's Derrick Blakley reports.
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Illinois Health Care Worker The U.S. Supreme Court has delivered a major decision in the case of an Illinois health care worker who decided she did not want to pay dues to the SEIU, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
- Clout-Heavy Firm Had Key Job In Illinois' Obamacare Rollout A key subcontractor working on the campaign to promote President Barack Obama's health care law in Illinois is a Chicago political strategy consulting firm owned by three former aides to some of the state's most-powerful Democrats.
- Sheriff Helping Cook County Inmates Sign Up For Healthcare At Cook County Jail 4,000 one-time inmates now have health coverage. CBS 2's Brad Edwards reports why in this original report.
- Glitches For Obamacare Site As Uninsured Scramble To Meet Deadline Illinois residents who don’t have health insurance yet have just hours left to sign up, or face a potential tax penalty next year, but they could have trouble signing up due to outages on the federal government's enrollment website.
- Charges Likely To Be Dropped Against Volunteers Signing People Up For Obamacare Chicago Police detained and later charged two men last week after receiving a report that they were going door-to-door, possibly scamming elderly residents of the Garfield Ridge neighborhood. As it turned out, the two likely weren’t trying to scam...
- Deadline Looms For Affordable Care Act Signup Don't delay. Enroll today.