Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Supreme Court Decision On Employers, Contraceptives Divides Chicagoans One side calls it a victory for religious freedom -- the other, a setback for women's rights. CBS 2's Derrick Blakley reports.
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Illinois Health Care Worker The U.S. Supreme Court has delivered a major decision in the case of an Illinois health care worker who decided she did not want to pay dues to the SEIU, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
- Clout-Heavy Firm Had Key Job In Illinois' Obamacare Rollout A key subcontractor working on the campaign to promote President Barack Obama's health care law in Illinois is a Chicago political strategy consulting firm owned by three former aides to some of the state's most-powerful Democrats.
- Sheriff Helping Cook County Inmates Sign Up For Healthcare At Cook County Jail 4,000 one-time inmates now have health coverage. CBS 2's Brad Edwards reports why in this original report.
- Glitches For Obamacare Site As Uninsured Scramble To Meet Deadline Illinois residents who don’t have health insurance yet have just hours left to sign up, or face a potential tax penalty next year, but they could have trouble signing up due to outages on the federal government's enrollment website.
- Charges Likely To Be Dropped Against Volunteers Signing People Up For Obamacare Chicago Police detained and later charged two men last week after receiving a report that they were going door-to-door, possibly scamming elderly residents of the Garfield Ridge neighborhood. As it turned out, the two likely weren’t trying to scam...
- Deadline Looms For Affordable Care Act Signup Don't delay. Enroll today.
- 2 Investigators: Transition To Affordable Care Act Rough For Some Blue Cross Customers CBS 2’s Dave Savini talked with a number of Chicagoans who are caught in insurance limbo –- and to Illinois’ biggest insurer, which says it is working hard to fix some problems.
- Woman Files Suit Against Employer Who Fired Her Hours After Cancer Diagnosis The day Elisa Madonia learned she had cancer, she thought things couldn't get any worse, but they did.
- Obamacare Enrollment In Illinois: 7,000 So Far Only 7,000 residents of Illinois have successfully enrolled so far. Illinois has approximately 1.8 million uninsured residents.