Now that 670 The Score will be the new home for University of Illinois basketball and football, The Boers and Bernstein Show hosted an Illini roundtable in studio on Wednesday afternoon.
Banished from athletic events at the University of Illinois six years ago, Chief Illiniwek is now standing on the hypothetical sidelines in Champaign, holding a new proposal for his return.
Growing up, I always believed that besides the Sears Tower, Assembly Hall’s spaceship-shaped silhouette is the most recognizable of any building in Illinois. And now, just like how the Sears Tower has become the Willis Tower, the Assembly Hall has a new name as well.
The University of Illinois’ home for basketball has a new name.
Former Illinois Mr. Basketball, Jereme Richmond, has been arrested again.
Tuesday, “the group in charge of the new college football playoff” announced that said playoff will be called “College Football Playoff”.
The Bowl Championship Series will be replaced by the College Football Playoff.
Over the weekend, the Big Ten pulled off a heady play when the league leaked word that it’s mercifully dumping the much-maligned Legends and Leaders divisional monikers in favor of geographical names.
The Atlantic Coast Conference presidents have agreed for the league to retain media rights for a school that leaves the conference.
Illinois basketball has added Seton Hall’s Aaron Cosby and Illinois State’s Jon Ekey, the school announced Wednesday.
Fighting Illini Head Basketball Coach John Groce received a one-year contract extension, according to a press release.
From 1994-98, I was a student at the University of Illinois, and during those four years I saw a grand total of 14 football victories.
Kansas State rewarded basketball coach Bruce Weber for winning a share of the school’s first conference championship in 36 years with a raise and a one-year contract extension Wednesday.
The state of Kentucky now has two more championships in the past two years than the entire Big Ten Conference has over the past 13.
In a fascinating twist of fandom, this year’s NCAA Basketball Tournament has turned the rooting interests for many Midwestern hoops followers on its head as Big Ten pride has outweighed school pride.
Three Illinois basketball players have been granted permission to transfer and will do so when the spring semester ends.
Collins’ Blue Devil blood alone is probably enough to get most Illini fans’ own boiling, but he may also elevate the rivalry in other ways both on and off the court in Evanston.
Fired Syracuse University assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine has filed the initial paperwork in a defamation lawsuit against ESPN for reporting two former ball boys’ claims that the longtime coach sexually abused them.
A long-discussed plan to renovate 50-year-old Assembly Hall at the University of Illinois should start next year and, while cutting seating capacity, include adding air conditioning and suites, Athletic Director Mike Thomas said Thursday.
It turned out that the Illini – and, most significantly, athletic director Mike Thomas – were indeed lucky. And in the end, that was good.
Photos from the Illinois Indiana game on February 7th. The Fighting Illini won the game 74-72.
Joe Paterno’s coaching career has come to a crashing end. Here are a number of photos of Paterno through the years.
- Manti Te’o Off-Limits To Media But Not Maxim PartyThe San Diego Chargers are keeping Manti Te'o off-limits to the media — for now.407
- Bears Terminate Contract Of Andre FluellenThe Bears terminated the contract of vested veteran Andre Fluellen Monday.307
- Baffoe: Penn State Fans Not Directing Their Anger At The Right PeopleOver a year later, it’s the same story. And unfortunately, again, the anger is directed at the wrong people.903
- Chad Johnson Arrested In Probation ViolationFormer NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson has been arrested for a probation violation stemming from an altercation with his now ex-wife, TV reality star Evelyn Lozada.671
- Wizards’ Beal On Derrick Rose: ‘I Think He’s Scared’Bradley Beal was asked if he would lose respect for a Wizards' teammate if they made the same decision and the answer was telling.1156
- Bernstein: Other NBA Teams Try Hard, TooFour NBA teams remain in the running for the title, and the never-say-die Bulls are not one of them because, well, they died.1110
- Hoge: Door Opens For Red Wings After Poor Effort By BlackhawksSaturday's 4-1 loss to the Red Wings was their worst effort since their 24-game points streak ended in Colorado Mar. 8.208
- Stalberg Officially Out In Game 2Viktor Stalberg will not play in Game 2 against the Red Wings today as Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville will likely stick with the same lineup that worked in Game 1.177