Latest Autos News
- Tesla Motors Applies To Sell, Service Cars In Michigan Tesla says it's "committed to being able to serve its customers in Michigan and is working with the legislature to accomplish that."
- January Storm No Match For Strong Car Sales Fiat Chrysler sales rise 7 percent. GM sales are up .5 percent. Ford sales drop 3 percent.
- Uber Driver Busted For DUI, With Camera Rolling CBS 2's Dana Kozlov asks: How quickly does the ride-sharing service learn about driving offenses?
- Detroit Auto Show Closes Sunday; Attendance Tops Previous Year The Detroit auto show is drawing large crowds as the annual event comes to a close.
- Elon Musk Says Some Tesla Cars Will Be Built In China Tesla CEO Elon Musk says his company will eventually start making some of its electric cars in China.
- Fiat Used By Pope During Philadelphia Visit Going Up For Auction The car will be up for bid as part of the Philadelphia Auto Show Black Tie Tailgate on Jan. 29. Bids will be accepted in person and online.
- Obama Takes Credit For Auto Industry Comeback During Visit To Detroit If not for his bailout, "GM and Chrysler would not exists today," the president said.
- General Motors Ups Dividend, Share Buyback On Strong Outlook General Motors says it will add $4 billion to its stock buyback program and raise its quarterly dividend 6 percent to 38 cents per share.
- Ford Begins Testing Self-Driving Car In The Snow As Google tests self-driving vehicles on Bay Area roadways, Ford announced they are testing autonomous cars in snowy environments.
- Auto Industry Ends 2015 On A Very Strong Note Car and truck sales set a new record in 2015, narrowly edging out the previous record--17.4 million, set in 2000.