Here are our over/unders for tonight’s 7:00 p.m. CT puckdrop at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan.
Jimmy Howard’s cat-quick reflexes in net and easygoing nature out of it are big reasons the Detroit Red Wings are on a roll.
It’s a familiar concern for the Chicago Blackhawks. Especially in the playoffs. Power play production is missing.
Adding insult to injury, the Blackhawks were also forced to deal with questions surrounding the goalie interference call that took away what would have been the game-tying goal in the third period.
It is no longer a shrug-your-shoulders matter.
Following a near-perfect regular season and a first round playoff win over Minnesota, the Blackhawks for the first time are facing adversity.
Gustav Nyquist and Drew Miller scored 31 seconds apart midway through the second period and Pavel Datsyuk restored a two-goal lead in the third to help the Detroit Red Wings beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 Monday night to take a 2-1 lead in the second round series.
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville confirmed that winger Viktor Stalberg will return to the lineup tonight for Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals in Detroit.
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is a finalist for the Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award, which is presented to the player who exemplifies great leadership qualities to his team, on and off the ice during the regular season.
Four NBA teams remain in the running for the title, and the never-say-die Bulls are not one of them because, well, they died.
Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings was their worst effort since their 24-game points streak ended in Colorado Mar. 8.
Just as the Blackhawks did in Game 1, Detroit took control in the second period and put the game away in the third. Now, the Red Wings have a chance to take the lead when this series between Original Six rivals shifts to Detroit for Game 3 on Monday.
Viktor Stalberg will not play in Game 2 against the Red Wings today as Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville will likely stick with the same lineup that worked in Game 1.
Now in his fifth year with the Hawks, Joel Quenneville has already won a Stanley Cup and a President’s Cup, while also delivering a really solid job with a with a young team in 2009.
Blackhawks winger Viktor Stalberg denied reports that he complained about playing time, telling a reporter “check your sources better.”
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville has been named one of three finalists for 2013 Jack Adams Award, given annually the NHL coach that has contributed the most to his team’s success.
But if the Blackhawks are going to fulfill their Presidents Trophy pedigree and emerge as the best team during the postseason as well, they are likely going to have to overcome adversity and win in dramatic fashion.
The NHL today announced Patrick Kane was a finalist for the 2013 Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, given to the player to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.
The Blackhawks finally looked like they were playing playoff hockey Wednesday night as they dispatched the Red Wings 4-1 in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals.
Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger scored in the third period, Corey Crawford made 20 saves and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-1 in the opener of their second-round playoff series Wednesday night.
- Avalanche name goalie legend Roy new coachAvalanche name goalie legend Roy new coach
- Facing elimination, Rangers bench pricey RichardsFacing elimination, Rangers bench pricey Richards
- Penguins rout Senators, take commanding 3-1 leadJarome Iginla and James Neal each scored twice and the Pittsburgh Penguins routed the Ottawa Senators 7-3 on Wednesday night to take a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Sharks, Kings heat up with accusations of divingSharks, Kings heat up with accusations of diving
- Report: Burke won't be Team USA GM; bad move?Report: Burke won't be Team USA GM; bad move?
- Report: Coyotes near new deal with GM MaloneyReport: Coyotes near new deal with GM Maloney
- Alain Vigneault fired as Vancouver head coachAlain Vigneault fired as Vancouver head coach
- Hurricanes unveil new home, road jerseys June 4Hurricanes unveil new home, road jerseys June 4