Seen on CBS 2
Today is the day the CTA shuts down the Red Line south of Roosevelt Road for five months of reconstruction.
Students are lobbying the Chicago Park District and aldermen for an improved Parkview Park just blocks away from their school in the largely Hispanic Avondale neighborhood. CBS 2′s Rob Johnson reports.
School board members who will make the final decision were still out visiting schools on the Chicago Public School “hit list,” and not all are convinced that all of them should be closed.
It’s almost the end of the line for Red Line service on the South Side ahead of a massive construction project slated to begin on Sunday.
They start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It’s the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.
Two people, both believed to be in their 50s, were killed in the blaze in the 200 block of East 24th Street in Chicago Heights.
CBS 2′s Dave Savini investigates the cameras and videos monitored by Chicago’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications.
But the prime Lincoln Park real estate where the hospital once stood still sits vacant, with redevelopment plans far from complete. CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey reports.
Four months after Hadiya Pendleton’s murder, her parents continue to work toward making Chicago’s streets safer.
City Hall has unveiled plans to build a new arena for DePaul basketball at McCormick Place, as part of larger plans to upgrade the convention center and redesign much of Navy Pier.
Imagine a gun that can’t be traced and can pass right through security without being detected. A Texas man announced last week that he’d made one using something called a 3D printer.
Opponents of the Chicago public schools closing plan are taking the gloves off…in the streets and in the courts. CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports.
They were chasing the American dream. One Chicago couple moved into a house and started making changes. Trouble is, it belonged to someone else.
One month ago today, change came to one block in one of Chicago’s toughest neighborhoods.
Tensions ran high in the second day of testimony by billionaire Donald Trump in a case involving the sale of condos at the downtown high-rise bearing his name.
A day after the body of a child believed to be Bryeon Hunter – the 20-month-old Maywood boy allegedly killed by his mother and her boyfriend – the man who found the body met the child’s grandmother.
A Chicago area businesswoman is proving all it takes to make a difference is a big heart. She’s helped hundreds of women start their lives over again in the U.S., after they were victims of human trafficking halfway around the world.
No doubt, you’ve heard of the mid-life crisis. It affects people in their 40s and 50s. But did you know there’s a quarter-life crisis, too? It’s hitting the youngest adults.
Dominic Syzmanski amazingly lost only a foot and a few toes on the other foot when he was hit by a train two months ago. Tuesday, he surprised his entire school during an afternoon assembly.
Johnny Borizov was found guilty of plotting to kill three members of his ex-girlfriend’s family three years ago in Darien.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.303
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!