ST. LOUIS WEEKEND GETAWAY
You could win a weekend getaway for four (4) to St. Louis, including 2-night stay at the Drury Plaza Hotel, tickets to the Chicago @ St. Louis baseball game and other popular attractions!
Enter here for a chance to win roundtrip airfare to/from St. Louis for four (4) provided by Southwest Airlines, 4 tickets to the St. Louis vs. Chicago baseball game at the St. Louis professional baseball team stadium on Friday, July 20, 2012, Reservations confirmation for a 2-night stay (Friday, July 20 & Saturday, July 21) at the Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch in downtown St. Louis, 4 passes to the Missouri Botanical Garden, 4 passes for the Gateway Arch Journey to the Top tram ride, 4 Safari Passes to the Saint Louis Zoo, 4 passes to Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis, and 4 passes to City Museum. One (1) winner will be selected at random from all the eligible entries on June 17, 2012.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. How to Enter the Contest:
(a) The St. Louis Flyaway contest will begin on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 12:00AM and end on Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 11:59PM.
(b) To participate in the contest, participants must enter online at http://www.cbs2chicago.com
(c) Limit one entry per person, no mechanically produced entries.
(d) Sponsor is not responsible for technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable Internet connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access any Web site or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the judges determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the judges reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at http://www.cbs2chicago.com. If, for some reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest.
(e) Broadcasts are subject to preemptions and scheduling changes. If such changes occur they will be posted on http://www.cbs2chicago.com.
(f) Entry deemed made by holder of e-mail account
(g) Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries.
2. Eligibility Restrictions:
(a) The contest is open to residents within the Chicago Designated Market Area who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of WBBM-TV, CBS Corporation, other television and radio stations ion the Chicago market, St. Louis Convention &Visitors Commission, Southwest Airlines, and their affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising agencies and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate or win.
(b) Viewers are eligible to win a WBBM-TV contest only once every sixty (60) days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest. Viewers are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six (6) months.
(c) All entries become the sole property of Station and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, and warrant and represent that their entry is their original work.
(d) Contestants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that is discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13.
(a) One (1) winner will receive a trip to St. Louis that includes the following:
• Roundtrip airfare to/from St. Louis for four (4) provided by Southwest Airlines
• 4 tickets to the St. Louis vs. Chicago baseball game at the St. Louis professional baseball team stadium on Friday, July 20, 2012
• Reservations confirmation for a 2-night stay (Friday, July 20 & Saturday, July 21) at the Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch in downtown St. Louis (the CVC will cover the per night room fee, plus taxes. Any additional items; i.e, movies, room service, etc. will be at your expense.)
• 4 passes to the Missouri Botanical Garden
• 4 passes for the Gateway Arch Journey to the Top tram ride
• 4 Safari Passes to the Saint Louis Zoo
• 4 passes to Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
• 4 passes to City Museum
Prize does not include items not specified, such as travel insurance, hotel room service, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, etc.
Approximate retail value of the trip is $1,500
(b) Airline vouchers must be redeemed by Sunday, June 30, 2013
(c) All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of WBBM-TV, 22 West Washington Street, Chicago, IL 60602. Any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days will be forfeited by the winner. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. WBBM-TV is not responsible for the safe arrival or a prize or prize certificate.
(d) Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash. Station reserves the right to substitute prize of comparable value.
4. Selection of Winners:
(a) Decisions of contest sponsors with respect to the contest are final.
(b) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, June 18, 2012. Winner will be notified by e-mail. If a winner cannot be notified and/or provide a signed winner affidavit by fax
or e-mail to WBBM-TV within forty-eight (48) hours of contest drawing, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing.
(a) Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner and winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from Station.
(b) By participating in the contest, the winner agrees to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, and to sign a publicity release, affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to acceptance of the prize. Unless a member of the winner’s immediate family, travel companion(s) must be 18 years of age or older. Travel companion(s) must travel with winner and must also sign and return a travel release, which must be returned with winner’s affidavit of eligibility. By accepting the prize, winner grants to Station the right to use the winner’s name, voice, picture and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, without further permission or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). All expenses on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners, by acceptance of their prizes, agree to release Station, CBS Corporation, St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission, Southwest Airlines, their respective parents and subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/ or traveling to any prize-related activity.
6. Contest sponsors reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize
8. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification.
9. To obtain a copy of the official rules and/or winner’s list, please write by August 18, 2012 to:
St. Louis Flyaway! Contest Rules
22 West Washington Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!