Monday Morning Quarterback Week 12
Houston TexansDetroit Lions
Matt Schaub continued his stellar play, throwing for 315 yards and dictating the pace of the game with his consistent and accurate throws. Matthew Stafford had a solid day, throwing for 441 yards and 2 touchdowns. He did not throw an interception.
Schaub only threw one touchdown pass and he was also intercepted once. Stafford had plenty of chances to build a bigger lead during the course of the game, but he was not able to add to the Texans’ early deficit.
Washington RedskinsDallas Cowboys
Another spectacular performance for RGIII. He went into Cowboys Stadium and dominated the game. He completed 20-of-28 passes for 311 yards with 4 touchdowns. Tony Romo did not get any help from his running game and he threw for 441 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Romo did everything he could to get the Cowboys a home win, but he threw 2 key interceptions that gave the Redskins control of the game.
New England PatriotsNew York Jets
Tom Brady had plenty of help from the Patriots’ defense and special teams, but he held up his end of the bargain quite nicely. He threw for 323 yards and 3 TDs and he did not throw an interception. He was in complete control and the Jets could not press him.
Another disastrous performance from Mark Sanchez. He threw for 306 yards, but his second-quarter fumble in which he ran into his own offensive lineman and then fumbled the ball where it was returned for a touchdown will not be lived down easily.
Chicago BearsMinnesota Vikings
The Bears were thrilled to get Jay Cutler back after he missed the Week 11 game at San Francisco. Cutler moved well, threw the ball accurately and allowed the Bears to take charge against the division rivals. He completed 23-of-31 passes.
Christian Ponder was in over his head against a very angry Bears defense. He was held to 159 yards and threw an interception that set the Bears up deep in Minnesota territory.
Cincinnati BengalsOakland Raiders
Andy Dalton is back on top of his game after a tough stretch in the middle of the season. Dalton was accurate in dissecting the Oakland defense. He threw 3 touchdown passes and he did not throw an interception.
Carson Palmer was inspired to have a great game against his former team, but it didn’t work out that way. Palmer was under pressure throughout and he only threw for 146 yards. He threw just 1 touchdown pass and he was also intercepted.
Cleveland BrownsPittsburgh Steelers
There haven’t been many exceptional moments for the Browns in recent years, but registering an upset win over the Steelers was huge. Rookie Brandon Weeden was competitive enough to throw for 158 yards and 1 TD pass.
It’s not just about experience that helps a quarterback play effective football. Charlie Batch has plenty of experience but he can’t throw the ball well at this point in his career. He threw for 199 yards, but his 3 interceptions helped ruin the day for the Steelers (along with a boatload of fumbles by Steelers running backs). Weeden suffered a concussion at the end of his winning performance.
Indianapolis ColtsBuffalo Bills
The Colts did not get the spectacular show from rookie quarterback Andrew Luck that they have come to expect, but they did get a winning performance. He threw for 240 yards and a touchdown and he only threw 1 interception.
Ryan Fitzpatrick had plenty of opportunities to get his team back in the game, but he was not quite able to deliver. Fitzpatrick missed some throws that might have allowed them to tie the game in the second half.
Jacksonville JaguarsTennessee Titans
Chad Henne is making the most of his opportunity. After a spectacular showing in Week 11 against Houston, Henne led the Jaguars to a victory by throwing or 261 yards.
Jake Locker also threw for 261 yards and was able to direct the Tennessee offense up and down the field. However, the Titans were forced to settle for field goals and that kept them from winning this game.
Denver BroncosKansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs may be struggling, but it’s never easy to go on the road and earn a division win. Peyton Manning knows this as well as anybody and while he did not have his best statistical game, he threw for 285 yards and 2 touchdowns to lead the Broncos to the victory.
The quarterback play has been an issue for the Chiefs all season. This time, Brady Quinn got the call and he was inconsistent at best in throwing for 126 yards and 1 interception.
Miami DolphinsSeattle Seahawks
Ryan Tannehill led a fourth-quarter rally that allowed the Dolphins to tie the game and then keyed a last-minute drive that allowed them to win the game with a field goal as time ran out. Tannehill completed 18-of-26 passes and threw for 253 yards.
Russell Wilson had an excellent statistical game, completing 21-of-27 passes for 224 yards with 2 TDs and no interceptions, but he could not direct a late drive late in the game that would have allowed the Seahawks to regain the lead after the Dolphins tied the game.
Atlanta FalconsTampa Bay Buccaneers
Matt Ryan continues to throw the ball with velocity and accuracy. He was under pressure throughout the game, but he completed 26-of-32 passes for 353 yards. He threw a spectacular 80-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Julio Jones.
Josh Freeman had a decent game, completing 19-of-30 passes for 256 yards. However, he missed several open receivers throughout the game.
Baltimore RavensSan Diego Chargers
The Ravens struggled for much of the day against a desperate Chargers team, but Joe Flacco kept pushing the attack. He threw a touchdown pass in the fourth quarter, directed the game-tying drive and then threw an overtime pass to Torrey Smith that set up the game-winning field goal in overtime.
Philip Rivers threw the ball accurately and completed 23-of-36 passes, but he couldn’t do enough in the fourth quarter to get the Chargers a win they needed for self-respect.
St. Louis RamsArizona Cardinals
Sam Bradford did not have a great statistical game, but he threw for 205 yards and 2 touchdowns in leading the Rams to the road win. Bradford only threw 1 interception.
Ryan Lindley was given his first start and he had little to work with. Lindley was forced to put the ball up 52 times. He threw for 312 yards, but he threw 4 interceptions.
San Francisco 49ersNew Orleans Saints
Colin Kaepernick picked up his second win in as many starts. While he is still learning, he is producing under pressure. He completed 16-of-25 passes for 231 yards and threw a TD pass in leading the Niners to a key road win.
Drew Brees threw for 267 yards and 3 touchdowns, but he was under pressure throughout the game and the Saints only scored 1 touchdown in the second half.
New York JetsGreen Bay Packers
The Giants came back with a strong effort following their bye week. Eli Manning was not perfect – he completed 16-of-30 passes – but he threw for 249 yards and 3 touchdowns while quieting critics who claimed he had a tired arm.
The Giants defense put pressure on Aaron Rodgers throughout the game and he was unable to lead the Packers attack. While he threw a 61-yard touchdown pass to Jordy Nelson in the first quarter, he was unable to get the Packers back in the end zone the rest of the game.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!