According to a study by Initial Washroom Hygiene, handbags have up to ten times the level of microbiological activity on them than an average toilet seat. Willem Marx reports from London.
More from U.S. - CBS News
During rush hour in Connecticut, two commuter trains collided, sending 72 passengers to the hospital. The tracks are now closed while the NTSB investigates. And as Don Dahler reports, it's creating a travel nightmare; And, after his close friend died from pancreatic cancer, 16-year-old Jack Andraka unleashed his hyper-drive intellect on preventing more
Web Extra: Following a close friends death from pancreatic cancer, 16-year-old Jack Andraka created a much faster and far cheaper detection method for pancreatic, ovarian and lung cancer. Jim Axelrod speaks with the teen innovator about his favorite awards.
Parts of the plains and Midwest are under the threat of severe weather, including possible tornadoes. Jim Axelrod speaks with CBS News weather consultant David Bernard about what to expect in the coming days.
The town of Granbury, Texas, was hit hardest by a string of 16 deadly tornadoes that struck the state. Anna Werner reports how the city's "Code Red" warning system helped kept residents alive.
Excitement is growing as the drawing nears for the record-setting Powerball jackpot. Carter Evans reports from California, the latest player to join the multi-state lottery, where residents are buying up 10,000 tickets every minute.
After his close friend died from pancreatic cancer, 16-year-old Jack Andraka unleashed his hyper-drive intellect on preventing more cancer deaths. And as Jim Axelrod reports, the teen created a much faster and far cheaper detection method for pancreatic, ovarian and lung cancer.
The Federal Bureau of Prisons is reviewing the frequency and fairness of solitary confinement in all federal prisons. A rollback on "solitary" is already underway in some states. Randall Pinkston reports on the impact the rollback is having on Mississippi.
During rush hour in Connecticut, two commuter trains collided, sending 72 passengers to the hospital. The tracks are now closed while the NTSB investigates. And as Don Dahler reports, it's creating a travel nightmare.
New questions are being raised concerning if anyone in the White House was aware of IRS targeting of conservative groups. Margaret Brennan reports on the new evidence that's heating up the controversy.
Now on CBS
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!