Brad Edwards is a general assignment reporter for CBS 2 Chicago.
He joined the station in 2012 from WISH-TV, a CBS affiliate in Indianapolis, where his work as a reporter won four Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards.
Underscoring his commitment to Original Reporting, Brad has engaged the people of Chicago with his story-telling and coverage of breaking news.
His work earned him the 2013 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for writing for a compilation of Original Reports for CBS 2′s 10 p.m. newscast.
On New Year’s Eve 2013, Brad was the only reporter invited to discuss Chicago’s violence during a one-on-one, ride-along interview with Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy.
Additionally, he has exposed problems with the plan to ban cell phones from criminal courts, leading the chief judge to overhaul the order. He broke a story on hazing rituals at a local high school that lead to the coach’s termination and a policy change.
From 2007-10, Brad worked in Detroit, where he was a reporter and anchor for the News Edge at WJBK–TV. While there, the Michigan Associated Press named him Best Reporter in 2009.
Edwards was also nominated Journalist of the Year by the Society of Professional Journalists in 2010.
From 2003-07, Brad served as weekend anchor/reporter for WOOD-TV in his hometown of Grand Rapids, Mich. While there, Brad won his first of eight consecutive Regional Emmy Awards for Best News Writing [2003-2010].
Additionally, he earned awards from the Michigan Associated Press for Best Individual Reporting [2005 and 2006].
Brad, a Michigan State University graduate, began his on-air broadcasting career in Lansing, Mich. In his first year at CBS affiliate WLNS-TV, Brad’s work won the regional Edward R. Murrow Award for News Writing .
CBS 2′S Brad Edwards went inside a shelter in the southwest suburbs that’s given one resident peace of mind for a lifetime.
Paula Cooper, 15, was sentenced to death for the 1985 murder of a Gary, Ind. woman. She’s about to be released, with the blessing of the victim’s grandson. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
He was just going to pick up a friend, but he never made it. 19-year-old Columbia College student Kevin Ambrose was killed by a drive-by shooter late last night.
Thomas Chmura is accused of attempting to abduct an Antioch girl. His bond was revoked when he reportedly was caught in the presence of children at his Benet Lake, Wisc. complex. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
CBS 2’s Brad Edwards reports on the collaborative process between victims and police artists that helps nab offenders.
23 shot, three fatally. An ominous ending to the month of April last night in Chicago. Among the victims to survive: A man named Michael Bailey, Junior.
At the Plainfield Dire District, three flags fluttered at half staff, one with a lone star for the one lost there from here.
A perceived snub by a North Side school prompted Mayor Emanuel to go to Brooks College Prep Monday on the South Side. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
A shop owner in Logan Square was shot trying to defend his store, fighting off robbers with just a baseball bat.
A video on Youtube speaks of a building gang war, just as the weather snaps. CBS 2’s Brad Edwards spoke with one community advocate who sounds the alarm, while another man has simply had enough.
Deputy Chief of Police Brian Budds says the goal appears to be “to lure these youths into the car and cause them harm.”
Go big or go home, the saying goes. Some scrap-metal thieves are taking that expression to heart, police say. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
A verdict–in the death of a teenager who vanished more than ten years ago. His body was never found but Tuesday night that didn’t stop a jury from convicting a man in his death. Mario Casciaro has been found guilty of first degree murder.
A proposed ramp connecting the Eisenhower and the Kennedy would come within 7 feet of a West Loop condo building. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Casey Urlacher, the 33-year-old younger brother of former Bears star Brian Urlacher, is running for Mayor of Mettawa — a tiny, affluent village north of Chicago.
The Chicago police officer’s union is returning fire at “Hitman: Absolution,” which makes killing cops look like sport. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports on a perplexing situation for a pair of elderly property owners.
On Friday night, Patrick Bruce of Oak Forest crashed into a car being driven by 25-year-old Anasis Knox of Downers Grove, who was out with her step-father shopping for a car.
Rony Monzon has scars near his heart. He was seriously wounded in July when he protected his friend from what he said was gunfire meant for a gangbanger.
Former Illinois legislator Robin Kelly captured the Democratic nomination Tuesday in the race to replace disgraced ex-U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., after a truncated campaign season where she got a boost from New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s super PAC.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!