Dana Kozlov is a general assignment reporter for CBS 2 Chicago. She joined the station in August 2003, from WGN-TV, where she had served as a general assignment reporter and fill-in anchor since 1995.
Her live reports from DeKalb, IL during CBS 2 Chicago’s coverage of the NIU shootings in 2008 helped the team win an Emmy Award for spot news.
Before working at WGN-TV, Kozlov was at WEEK-TV in Peoria, IL as the 5:00 PM news anchor and general assignment reporter (1992-95). She began her career in journalism at CNN’s Chicago bureau as an intern in 1991. Kozlov later served as a field producer for CNN, based in Chicago (1995-96).
Kozlov and her husband have two young children and in her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family, doing yoga and cooking. She’s also volunteered for The Cradle, a local adoption agency and for Rainbow House, which helps victims of domestic violence.
Kozlov grew up in northwest suburban Palatine and graduated from Fremd High School. She received her B.S. in Journalism from the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign in 1990.
(CBS) — Big chunks of concrete crumbled Monday onto lower Lake Shore Drive, hitting and injuring a woman on the sidewalk below. The latest incident happened just north of Randolph, CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports. [...]
The original “Sears tower” can’t be missed from the Skyway, and below it sits the 90-year-old Sears store – a fixture in the Grand Crossing neighborhood. But it’s soon to be gone, CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
It’s become a crisis in the far northwest suburbs: teen after teen taking their own lives. CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports.
Peter Strasenburgh is the fifth-generation president of his family’s 136-year-old business, Davies Supply Co. He’s also the one overseeing its end. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
In the wake of the bombings at the Boston Marathon, the Chicago Area Runners Association was honoring their Boston colleagues with a Unity Run on Tuesday. The run, starting at Foster Avenue beach, was not getting any special security attention, but other sporting events in Chicago over the next few days will.
Singing the civil rights anthem “Woke Up This Morning,” Congressman Bobby Rush called it “The Freedom Bus.”
CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports on a dramatic rescue involving a hotel doorman and two police officers that may have saved a sick baby girl’s life.
Something strange is happening in a Tinley Park strip mall lot. It’s left investigators puzzled and dozens of people without a working car.
Emory Diaz-Sepulveda was mother to a 3 ½-month-old baby named Roy. He’ll never know his mom now, after the accident off Interstate 88 in Aurora. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
After years of complaints, Chicago City Hall is now making it easier to start a small business. CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports.
First it was pigeons and then, the homeless. Hundreds of protestors in uptown are angry at the alderman there over what they say are decisions that don’t respect his constituents, reports CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov.
CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports on the continuing disappearance of a Kankakee toddler who is considered “endangered” by police officials.
Artistic Fletcher, who is 1, was in the hospital with bruises on his body. Police say his father took him out against medical advice. CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports the boy’s family is ready to bring him to police on Monday.
The final push is on to get votes in the 2nd congressional district race and candidate endorsements continue to rack up.
CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports its another case of mistaken identity, with no one in custody.
Police rushed to a Chatham neighborhood daycare center around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, after 25-year-old Jeanette Holt called 911 to report her 1997 Chevy Monte Carlo had been stolen with her 1-year-old son inside.
Incredible, but there are several websites out there helping babies and daddies find each other. CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov asks: Is it prostitution?
Former Gov. George Ryan was set to be released from the federal prison in Terre Haute, Ind., on Wednesday, and transferred to a halfway house on the Near West Side early Wednesday to complete his sentence.
Car theft is too common a crime in Chicago, with more than 16,000 last year alone. One Chicago car owner took a drastic step to prevent thieves from taking his ride.
Their arrests were the culmination of a two-year battle against “smart meter” installation in Naperville.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 8 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 8 hours ago