1. rob says:

Things were fine until I learned that marathon died. And Tv on the radio died too, what a tragic loss…..And btw, “potter” as you guys put it had a name…Harry Morgan.

What the hell kind of article is this? If you are going to have a notable death article, at least do some research before you post it online……

2. Molly Chis says:

What a shame to post pictures and not all identified. Disrespect to say the least. Please give us the courtesy of knowing who, in our human community, have gone on.
    For example, Harry Morgan gave us years of entertainment and deserves more than just “potter” – not even a capital “p”? Really?
    Seasons greetings to all.

3. Ron Reid says:

Does this collection demonstrate the standards at CBS? The departed deserve better.
    Ron

4. arlene rodriguez says:

who ever wrote this article needs to be in the unemployment line ..no respect to all the departed

5. Brian says:

CBS Chicago? How about Hall Of Fame Chicago Cub third baseman Ron Santo???

6. John says:

Unfortunately, Carter never secured the release of US hostages from Iran. Ronald Reagan did.

1. Dan says:

I was thinking the exact same thing. A bit of a historically re-write!

7. Jose says:

How could you miss Christopher Hitchens?

1. Neha says:

Hi someone. Not rlleay. I did not base it on that. I just used it as an example. It’s just that most of my friends abroad always tell me that people’s first impression of them is like that.But yeah, I feel you especially re your last paragraph. Most of my non-Pinoy friends always tell me that some of their lot find our being-so-proud-yeah-we’ll-rub-it-in when it comes to our achievements annoying sometimes, especially on the Web.and the Kurakot part. the sadder part is, you know there’s truth in that.Hey, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your comment. It makes me rethink a number of things, actually.

8. ericb says:

shoulda gone to rehab

9. RON says:

YES IT WAS REAGAN. CARTER WAS A PUTZ.

10. Man says:

“Greite” Waitz? Grete Waitz. Norwegian. Unlike the runner in the photo.

11. Vlad the Impaler says:

Ooooooooooooo yeah!!!!

12. Byte says:

Why not Dennis Ritchie

13. Michelle Steele says:

well it came as a shock 2 me the media make people that were great at whatever they’re callin was or to be in life so bland good to know how people that care carries on memories and just be thankful that u were here to witness some greatness rip mr. savage may your soul rest in peace

14. Roubik says:

Checked the comments section to see if anyone else noticed the BS about Carter being credited for the release of the hostages. CBS should not rewrite/ lie about the recent history. Ronald Reagan was the man responsible for not only the release of the 52 US hostages, but he also freed millions of people from the clutches of communism.
    Why am I surprised about CBS, Their name says it all, Center of BS.

15. Thomas Rogan. says:

CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS, you rotten PHILISTINES!!!!!!

16. Serg says:

What bothers me is that Steve Jobs got mentioned, but Dennis Ritchie, who died in October wasn’t. Ritchie created C programming and UNIX. Without these two platforms, most of the technology used today wouldn’t exist at all, including most of Apple’s platforms.

17. Barb says:

My husband died of cancer on 2-1-11 at the age of 46 and that is the only death that matters to me.

18. Jorge says:

Your hero Reagan had nothing to do with the liberation of the hostages. Check or Google Algiers Accords. This agreement which led to the liberation of the hostages was brokered by the Carter administration. Read people!!!

1. Dave says:

I was in the Army and stationed in Germany at the time this happened. My battalion was on alert for quite some time when this happened.

Actually… the carter administration brokered the release of the hostages…. HOWEVER…. Iran would NOT release the hostages while carter was in office. If he had been re-elected they would not have been released.

Therefore, it was only with Reagan taking office was the release finalized. So in MY opinion… Reagan being elected president sealed the deal on the hostage release… not carter.

19. bbridge4th says:

Thomas Rogan didn’t object to the death postings of Bin Laden and Ghadaffi but that of Hitchens. This is America and the practice of faith or belief in a spiritual being is a CHOICE and not a mandate!

20. VKN says:

Thanks for the gr8 tricks. Its oirkwng on my blog but not perfectly. I got the reply button in every comments but whenever I click on it a window is appearing showing this error message…….We’re sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please:Describe what you were doing when you got this error.Provide the following error code and additional information.bX-vhok77………Have any one faced this problem? Can u help me Paul to get out of this?