Pam Zekman and Dave Savini: Investigations that get results.
It could have been a matter of life or death last month when a city ambulance broke down while rushing a gunshot victim to a hospital for emergency care. How could that happen? Pam Zekman and the Better Government Association investigate.
McMahon said people can agree or disagree with his decision not to file charges, but he stands by it as the right thing to do. He said there was no evidence of a coverup, and that the problem was more one of ignorance of the state’s reporting law than anything else.
CBS 2′s Dave Savini investigates the cameras and videos monitored by Chicago’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications.
Imagine a gun that can’t be traced and can pass right through security without being detected. A Texas man announced last week that he’d made one using something called a 3D printer.
The 2 Investigators reviewed hundreds of CTA security bulletins from the last 2 ½ years. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
A Chicago Police officer who allegedly sought and received extortion payments from tow truck drivers for steering vehicle tows from accident scenes was convicted on Friday as part of the FBI’s Operation Tow Scam corruption probe.
Chicago is synonymous with classic architecture, and public art projects like the Picasso and the so-called “Bean” at Millennium Park. Now there’s a newly unveiled light sculpture project in the South Loop. We asked 2- investigator Pam Zekman to check out how much it cost. And who is paying for it?
The meat products were sold at Cermak Fresh Market in Naperville, after the sell-by dates had expired. Store officials concede several pieces the 2 Investigators were able to buy should have been thrown out.
Retire at 50 and collect more than $100,000 a year – that’s the plan for a special group of state workers. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Friends are leaving friends to die. It is part of the devastating toll heroin is taking in our suburbs. CBS 2′s Dave Savini looks at heroin in our high schools and how a new law was created to save lives.
When it comes to deaths, Lake, Will and DuPage counties reported big increases last year. As CBS 2’s Dave Savini reports, drug dealers could be operating right in your own neighborhood.
Naperville police want to talk to anyone who may have used the woman’s bathroom at a particular Naperville restaurant. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
A Chicago man onboard a spirit airlines flight from Las Vegas to Chicago this past Monday died and 2 investigator Pam Zekman has learned there are questions about emergency training for staff and medical equipment on board that plane.
It’s not illegal, but it’s a bad bet, the BGA says. 2 Investigator Pam Zekman reports.
A gas explosion inside a home is being blamed for a man’s death. He had an uncapped gas line which was considered a hazard, yet somehow gas was apparently still provided to the home. A family fighting for two years to find out how this could happen, turned to the CBS 2 Investigators and Dave Savini who has this original report.
Sources say the agents were carrying hand-held nuclear-detection devices that picked up a reading. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
An elderly, dying, man was visited by a car dealer and ended up with a vehicle and a big loan. CBS 2′s Dave Savini investigated the family member and dealership involved in this deal.
A local family has been hit with huge fines by the Illinois Tollway. They say what the state agency is doing is worse than any loan shark or pay day loan scam. CBS 2′s Dave Savini looks at how one family was ordered to pay one extraordinary bill.
Businessmen, college students and body builders are among the people taking this drug, not realizing how addictive and deadly it can be. CBS 2′s Dave Savini takes a look at the drug GHB, which has the street name — Liquid G.
At least 50 mayors who double as liquor commissioners have taken campaign contributions totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars from the same bars they watch over. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.332
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.214
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!