If you have an original recipe that is a bona fide game-changer…
Weekly winners will receive a Pepsi Tailgate Throwdown prize pack including: a case of your favorite Pepsi product, Mr. & Mrs. T Bloody Mary Mix, Papa Charlie’s Italian Beef, a $75 Joe’s gift card and a Jack Daniel’s cookbook. Cook responsibly. (ARV=$182)
Finalists will square off before a panel of Celebrity Judges on Sunday, December 30, 2012 at Joe’s on Weed Street for a chance to win the Grand Prize: A trip for two to any NFL city in the United States and game tickets to a TBD game during the 2013 football season and a $1,000 Jewel-Osco gift card. Plus all winning recipes will be posted online, and weekly winners will get a shout-out during WBBM’s pre-game show!
It’s the Pepsi Tailgate Throwdown sponsored by Mr. & Mrs. T Bloody Mary Mix, Papa Charlie’s Italian Beef, Joe’s on Weed Street, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey: drink responsibly, Pepsi, WBBM Newsradio 780 and 105.9FM WBBM.
Here are the weekly winning recipes:
Arlene’s Taco Appetizer By Arlene from Naperville, IL Ingredients: 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened 6oz cottage cheese, small curd 1 envelope of taco seasoning (preferably low salt) 1/3 head of lettuce, shredded or thinly [...]
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole By Judith Domina from Evergreen Park, IL Ingredients: 1½ bags of frozen hash browns (small squares) 1 lb sour cream 1 Large bag of shredded cheddar cheese 1 can cream of [...]
The Best Tailgate Brats Ever By Thomas Paulson Ingredients: 1-2 Dozen of your favorite fresh brats (or more) 3-4 Bottles of beer (some decent beer here people, not that light crap!) 1-2 Jars of Franks [...]
Mushroom Cheese Stromboli Recipe By Larry Colvin from Brookfield, IL INGREDIENTS 1 ounce bacon (about 1 ½ slices), chopped 1 ½ pounds cremini, shiitake (stemmed) and Portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch slices 2 medium cloves [...]
Jackaretto Bon Bons By George Merelos from Naperville, IL Ingredients: (makes about 24 one-inch balls) 6-oz. pkg. Chocolate Chips 3 tablespoons Corn Syrup ¼ cup fine Granulated Sugar ¼ cup Gentleman Jack 2 teaspoons Instant [...]
Bonnie’s Baby Back Bites By Bonnie McGreal from Tinley Park, IL Ingredients: (makes approx 36 “bites”) 3 full slabs of baby back ribs 1 tablespoon paprika 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon [...]
Steak & Barley Soup Julie Cichon from Brookfield, IL Ingredients: 3 lbs. Ribeye Steak, cut into 1 in. chunks 2 medium sweet onions, diced 4 carrots, chopped 1½ cups celery, chopped 1 head of garlic, [...]
By Mike Chuinard from Bristol, IL Ingredients: (makes 6) 2 Red Onions 8 tablespoons Butter 1/2 teaspoon Sugar 2 lbs. ground Chuck 2 sliced white Bread 4 tablespoons Milk 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt 1 ½ [...]
Zesty Grilled Stuffed Poblano Peppers (The Perfect Football Shaped Tailgate Food) By Danielle Bronkema from Broadview, IL Ingredients: Six large Poblano peppers 1/2 pound spicy ground Italian sausage 1/2 pound sweet Sicilian sausage (love the [...]
by Bill Klimah from Bolingbrook, IL Ingredients: 8 jumbo chicken wings, trim excess fat Half gallon of water 4 limes, squeeze the limes dry with a lime squeezer 1/8 cup Kosher Salt Your favorite poultry [...]
By Brian Sprouse from West Chicago, IL Ingredients: 5 lb pork shoulder rubbed then refrigerated for 24 hours 5 tomatillos quartered 5 tomatoes quartered 2 Spanish onions, quartered 3 Spanish onions (1 diced, 2 sliced [...]
By Peter Singh from Naperville, IL Ingredients: 2 Tablespoons salt pork, minced 2 pounds London broil, diced 1 inch 1 large yellow onion, minced 1 green bell pepper, sliced 1 Tablespoon minced garlic 1 Tablespoon [...]
By Shanna Early from Crete, IL Ingredients: 1 box jumbo pasta shells 1¼ lbs. ground beef 1 package cream cheese 1 package shredded cheddar cheese 2 tablespoons butter Chili Powder to taste (approx. 3 tablespoons) [...]
Congratulations to Greg Schwarze from Carol Stream! Ingredients: 1 lb bacon 1 lb summer sausage 4 10z cans black beans 3 10z cans red beans 1 10z can diced tomatoes 1 bag frozen corn 3 [...]
Congratulations to Ron Atanus from Mount Prospect, IL! Start with: 5 lbs lean flank steak cut into (5) ½ in. thick 1 lb. pieces Rub: 3 tablespoons garlic powder 1 tablespoon sea salt 1 teaspoon [...]
Congratulations to Susan Miller for her winning Smokey Tailgate Chili recipe!
Congratulations to Brandon Richardella from Blue Island for his All Mighty Ribs!
Congratulations to Emmett Price from Cedar Lake, Indiana for his Pork Tenderloin Fajitas recipe!
Congratulations to Week #11′s winner Nancy Clennon for her Grilled Stuffed Potato Skins!
Congrats to Bill Rank from Oak Forest for his “Titletown Beer Cheese Soup”!
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Man Gets 145 Days For Punch That Killed Teen On Indiana BeachA DePaul University student was sentenced to 145 days behind bars Thursday after admitting his role in a deadly Indiana brawl that claimed the life of a Beverly teenager.156
- Police Debunk Woman’s Story Of Jewelry Robbery On Mag MileThe purported victim, a 68-year-old woman from Homewood, told authorities she was accosted by about a dozen African American men while walking in the 700 block of North Michigan around noon Wednesday in front of Saks Fifth Avenue.627
- Former Three-Sport Star At Proviso East Shot And KilledA former star athlete at Proviso East High School was shot in west suburban Maywood overnight.1427
- Baby Goats Abandoned Across Street From Suburban FarmThe manager of a farm in southwest suburban Lockport said it’s a good thing someone heard the cries of baby goats that were abandoned across the street. Otherwise, "they would have been coyote bait."166