If you have an original recipe that is a bona fide game-changer…
Weekly winners will receive a Pepsi Tailgate Throwdown prize pack including: a case of your favorite Pepsi product, Mr. & Mrs. T Bloody Mary Mix, Papa Charlie’s Italian Beef, a $75 Joe’s gift card and a Jack Daniel’s cookbook. Cook responsibly. (ARV=$182)
Finalists will square off before a panel of Celebrity Judges on Sunday, December 30, 2012 at Joe’s on Weed Street for a chance to win the Grand Prize: A trip for two to any NFL city in the United States and game tickets to a TBD game during the 2013 football season and a $1,000 Jewel-Osco gift card. Plus all winning recipes will be posted online, and weekly winners will get a shout-out during WBBM’s pre-game show!
It’s the Pepsi Tailgate Throwdown sponsored by Mr. & Mrs. T Bloody Mary Mix, Papa Charlie’s Italian Beef, Joe’s on Weed Street, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey: drink responsibly, Pepsi, WBBM Newsradio 780 and 105.9FM WBBM.
Here are the weekly winning recipes:
Arlene’s Taco Appetizer By Arlene from Naperville, IL Ingredients: 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened 6oz cottage cheese, small curd 1 envelope of taco seasoning (preferably low salt) 1/3 head of lettuce, shredded or thinly [...]
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole By Judith Domina from Evergreen Park, IL Ingredients: 1½ bags of frozen hash browns (small squares) 1 lb sour cream 1 Large bag of shredded cheddar cheese 1 can cream of [...]
The Best Tailgate Brats Ever By Thomas Paulson Ingredients: 1-2 Dozen of your favorite fresh brats (or more) 3-4 Bottles of beer (some decent beer here people, not that light crap!) 1-2 Jars of Franks [...]
Mushroom Cheese Stromboli Recipe By Larry Colvin from Brookfield, IL INGREDIENTS 1 ounce bacon (about 1 ½ slices), chopped 1 ½ pounds cremini, shiitake (stemmed) and Portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch slices 2 medium cloves [...]
Jackaretto Bon Bons By George Merelos from Naperville, IL Ingredients: (makes about 24 one-inch balls) 6-oz. pkg. Chocolate Chips 3 tablespoons Corn Syrup ¼ cup fine Granulated Sugar ¼ cup Gentleman Jack 2 teaspoons Instant [...]
Bonnie’s Baby Back Bites By Bonnie McGreal from Tinley Park, IL Ingredients: (makes approx 36 “bites”) 3 full slabs of baby back ribs 1 tablespoon paprika 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon [...]
Steak & Barley Soup Julie Cichon from Brookfield, IL Ingredients: 3 lbs. Ribeye Steak, cut into 1 in. chunks 2 medium sweet onions, diced 4 carrots, chopped 1½ cups celery, chopped 1 head of garlic, [...]
By Mike Chuinard from Bristol, IL Ingredients: (makes 6) 2 Red Onions 8 tablespoons Butter 1/2 teaspoon Sugar 2 lbs. ground Chuck 2 sliced white Bread 4 tablespoons Milk 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt 1 ½ [...]
Zesty Grilled Stuffed Poblano Peppers (The Perfect Football Shaped Tailgate Food) By Danielle Bronkema from Broadview, IL Ingredients: Six large Poblano peppers 1/2 pound spicy ground Italian sausage 1/2 pound sweet Sicilian sausage (love the [...]
by Bill Klimah from Bolingbrook, IL Ingredients: 8 jumbo chicken wings, trim excess fat Half gallon of water 4 limes, squeeze the limes dry with a lime squeezer 1/8 cup Kosher Salt Your favorite poultry [...]
By Brian Sprouse from West Chicago, IL Ingredients: 5 lb pork shoulder rubbed then refrigerated for 24 hours 5 tomatillos quartered 5 tomatoes quartered 2 Spanish onions, quartered 3 Spanish onions (1 diced, 2 sliced [...]
By Peter Singh from Naperville, IL Ingredients: 2 Tablespoons salt pork, minced 2 pounds London broil, diced 1 inch 1 large yellow onion, minced 1 green bell pepper, sliced 1 Tablespoon minced garlic 1 Tablespoon [...]
By Shanna Early from Crete, IL Ingredients: 1 box jumbo pasta shells 1¼ lbs. ground beef 1 package cream cheese 1 package shredded cheddar cheese 2 tablespoons butter Chili Powder to taste (approx. 3 tablespoons) [...]
Congratulations to Greg Schwarze from Carol Stream! Ingredients: 1 lb bacon 1 lb summer sausage 4 10z cans black beans 3 10z cans red beans 1 10z can diced tomatoes 1 bag frozen corn 3 [...]
Congratulations to Ron Atanus from Mount Prospect, IL! Start with: 5 lbs lean flank steak cut into (5) ½ in. thick 1 lb. pieces Rub: 3 tablespoons garlic powder 1 tablespoon sea salt 1 teaspoon [...]
Congratulations to Susan Miller for her winning Smokey Tailgate Chili recipe!
Congratulations to Brandon Richardella from Blue Island for his All Mighty Ribs!
Congratulations to Emmett Price from Cedar Lake, Indiana for his Pork Tenderloin Fajitas recipe!
Congratulations to Week #11′s winner Nancy Clennon for her Grilled Stuffed Potato Skins!
Congrats to Bill Rank from Oak Forest for his “Titletown Beer Cheese Soup”!
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121