The United States men’s basketball team defeated Argentina 109-83 on Friday and will play against Spain for the gold medal on Sunday.
Illinois native Dawn Harper won the silver medal Tuesday in the Women’s 100-meter Hurdles at the Olympics.
Runner Evan Jager finished sixth in the final of the Men’s Steeplechase on Sunday, but that hardly fazed the nearly 200 or more supporters who gathered at a local restaurant to watch the Algonquin-native compete for his first Olympic medal.
Evan Jager earned a spot in the Men’s Steeplechase Finals after finishing second in the Track & Field qualifying heat on Friday.
Tyler McGill of Champaign finished 7th in final of the Men’s 100 Meter Butterfly on Friday, a showing that brought an abrupt end to his first Summer Games.
While the majority of the swimming world has long focused on Michael Phelps, rising star Ryan Lochte is beginning to catch the eye of the media.
A North Shore swim club is bursting with pride after two of its former members struck gold in London.
Swiss soccer player Michel Morganella has been expelled from the Olympics for a threatening and racist message on Twitter about South Koreans.
Lake Forest native and Northwestern graduate Matt Grevers won the gold medal Monday in the 100-meter backstroke.
They conquered Boy Scouts together, took up competitive shooting together and they earned engineering degrees together at the same school. So it should come as no surprise that Grant and Ross James compete side by side on the U.S. Men’s rowing team at the 2012 Olympics.
Three athletes with ties to the Chicago-area qualified for the medal rounds of their respective sports on Saturday at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Kelci Bryant has a new partner and new outlook as she prepares to compete at her second Olympics. But the stakes couldn’t be higher for the 23-year old from downstate Chatham and her partner, Abby Johnston, when they dive Sunday in the Women’s Synchronized 3-meter Springboard at the London Games.
Aurora gymnast Anna Li, whose 2012 Olympic hopes came to a close this week when she fell in practice, tells WBBM Newsradio the emotional part is worse than the physical pain.
A suburban swimmer hopes to make a splash at the London 2012 Summer Games and not just in the pool. First time Olympian Conor Dwyer of Winnetka wants to win a medal.
Some members of a south suburban high school marching band leave Tuesday for the London Olympics, but there’s disappointment that not all of them can afford to go.
I never thought I would say this, but maybe Mr. Wade and Mr. Allen should listen to LeBron James to see what it means to be a member of Team USA.
Yao Ming missed all 82 games last season with a foot injury. At the time it was announced that he would miss the whole season it was not feared to be a career ending injury. […]
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.236
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!