The crash happened around 8:30 p.m. near 31st Street and Western Avenue.
Chicago Police say one person was killed early this morning in a hit and run accident on the Southwest Side.
A man died after he crashed his minivan into a light pole early Sunday in the South Lawndale neighborhood.
The Chicago Transit Authority will test bus service on a portion of 31st Street for the first time in 15 years, beginning next month – but the line won’t go to the lakefront as activists have hoped.
After years of agitation, Little Village residents are about to get a CTA bus route.
A man’s body was pulled from Lake Michigan Thursday morning, after he was reported missing.
Chicago’s newest lakefront attraction opens next month. Even though it’s right off Lake Shore Drive at 31st Street, you may drive by it each day and not even know about this hidden gem.
Four people are dead, and two others are critically injured, after a crash at 31st Street and Kedzie Avenue in the Little Village neighborhood overnight.
A man who was alleged to have fired a gun on a Bridgeport neighborhood street late Saturday was apprehended by police not long afterward, but not before he led police on a pursuit that stretched more than 16 miles south, ending after he abandoned his car in the Far South Side Altgeld Gardens area.
A body was found Friday in a car floating in Bubbly Creek off the Chicago River’s South Branch.
Several suspects were in police custody Monday morning, after police chased a carjacked van for about 10 miles on the city’s South Side.
New details are emerging about a robbery and standoff in the Bridgeport neighborhood this week, in which police shot and killed one suspect, but the other remains on the loose.
One robber remains on the loose, and another was shot and killed by police, after officers caught them holding up a convenience store in the Bridgeport neighborhood.
An undocumented “madam” is charged with running at a Little Village neighborhood brothel where she pimped young women and girls out for prostitution.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!