Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
A CTA passenger and bus driver were hospitalized Thursday evening after being attacked by another passenger, who Chicago Police shot and later Tased to subdue him.
It was another violent night in Chicago, with one man killed and five others injured in shootings in a period of just one hour.
Ald. JoAnn Thompson (16th) remained hospitalized Monday after collapsing the day before.
Three people were injured in a two-vehicle crash on the Dan Ryan Expressway Sunday afternoon.
A 16-year-old boy died after he was shot in the head Saturday night in the Marquette Park neighborhood.
Another violent night on the streets of Chicago has sent eight people – including two teenage boys – to the hospital.
One of the city’s worst mass transit disasters occurred on this day 62 years ago on the South Side.
Police had no suspects Wednesday morning in a late night shooting that left people dead in the West Woodlawn neighborhood.
Two men are dead and seven others were wounded in shootings throughout the city Saturday night and early Sunday, police said.
One man was killed and two others were injured early Thursday in a crash on the cusp of the Southwest Side’s Clearing neighborhood.
The death of a 60-year-old man killed in a Saturday morning arson at his Southwest Side apartment has been ruled a homicide.
A Saturday morning fire on the Southwest Side that claimed the life of a 60-year-old man was believed to be suspicious and the investigation has been turned over to police, according to the Chicago Fire Department.
Two people were shot – one fatally – in the West Englewood neighborhood early Sunday, police said.
A firefighter was hurt overnight while battling flames in an abandoned commercial building on the city’s South Side overnight.
CHICAGO (CBS) – A teenage robber was shot and killed outside a Southwest Side barbershop over the weekend and a robbery victim turned out the robber’s pockets to get money back as the teen lay […]
A Chicago Police sergeant is recovering after he fell on the job.
Late night CTA riders should allow extra travel time this week as construction on the Blue and Red lines will cause minor delays.
Two trucks collided and jackknifed overnight, spilling fuel and a load of candy, in one of three accidents involving trucks on the expressway in a period of about nine hours.
An off-duty Cook County sheriff’s deputy was thrown from his motorcycle in a hit-and-run crash early Monday morning.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!