Don’t get used to the sunny skies and pleasant temperatures that were dominating the Chicago area in the midday hours.
The gloomy skies and bone-chilling rain have moved on their way, and a beautiful Friday is set to give way to a beautiful weekend.
The week has been sunny, clear and temperate so far, but all good things must come to an end.
In a 180-degree contrast from Monday, conditions will be bright and beautiful for the rest of the day Tuesday, with sunshine and comfortable temperatures.
Looking back on the beautiful, sunny skies on Saturday as Chicagoans enjoyed the Bud Billiken Parade and the North Halsted Street Market Days, this may seem like the worst kind of Monday. But look for sunshine again on Tuesday.
Get ready for rain and rain and rain starting Wednesday evening – a pattern that might be annoying, but will help quench the drought that has plagued the area this summer.
The weather will be idyllic by most estimations for the rest of the day Friday, with the sun shining and the air having a September-like feel with highs just in the 70s along the lake.
The weather is cool and springlike Monday, but don’t get used to it.
Conditions will be idyllic as the work week comes to an end, but come the weekend, there is a chance of rain that could come when the Gay Pride Parade is in progress.
The temperature has been cut significantly – although it’s still plenty summery. And the clouds will give way to clear skies later in the day.
The temperature has cooled down from the sweltering 90s that have been hanging around since the weekend, but conditions remain bone dry after the rain missed most of the area on Monday.
Temperatures will be sunny, but cool, for the rest of the day Tuesday – and once again, temperatures will not exceed the 60s along the lakefront.
Skies will be dry and temperatures pleasant for the duration of the day Monday, but you might need a spring jacket if you’re walking along the lakefront.
Temperatures will be pleasant and cool for the rest of the day Friday, before rising through the weekend and spiking at a sweltering 94 degrees on Sunday.
Sunny and beautiful conditions will prevail for the rest of the day Thursday, although a chill will be in the air along the lake all day.
Rain is expected for the entire Chicago area Thursday afternoon, but temperatures are as warm as the 70s in some areas and as cold as the 40s in others.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Temperatures were mild and pleasant with just a little bit of cloud cover in the midday hours Wednesday, but rain will be coming as a cold front arrives late in the day. […]
The temperature is expected to hit a balmy 77 degrees in Chicago Tuesday, but will drop down as low as the 50s as the afternoon goes on and a cold front passes through.
Temperatures will rise to the lower 70s in some outlying areas Monday, but will hover in the 50s and 60s along the lake as a breeze keeps conditions cool.
Temperatures will be quite a bit cooler along the lakefront than in inland areas Friday afternoon, but CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says it’s only the difference between a nice day and a nicer day.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!