Brandon Byars was inside the restaurant in the 500 block of East 79th Street when a gunman on the outside saw him and opened fire, shooting him several times in the back.
The 20-year-old man was with a 15-year-old boy when both were shot in the 1700 block of West 79th Street about 6:15 p.m.
Two people, including a young girl, were killed in a fire in the South Shore neighborhood Wednesday morning.
A car speeding away from police ended up crashing into two other vehicles Sunday night on the Southwest Side, sending the speedster and another driver to the hospital, police said.
A driver was arrested after trying to run away from a Woodlawn neighborhood crash that killed a pedestrian Tuesday morning.
A man was killed in a shooting in the South Side Ashburn neighborhood Wednesday morning.
There were some dicey moments overnight for Chicago firefighters who battled a blaze in an Auburn-Gresham neighborhood building.
A Chicago Police officer was in stable condition Thursday morning, after he was run over by a hit-and-run driver.
A Chicago police officer is in the hospital this morning after a shootout in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood.
One man was killed and another man wounded in a shooting in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood on the South Side Saturday night.
Chicago Police say an officer shot and killed a man on the city’s South Side early Sunday morning.
Four accused serial robbers were caught in Chicago this week when they blew through a red light.
A rash of shootings and a stabbing left at least three people dead and seven injured in Chicago overnight.
Late night Red and Blue Line riders should allow extra travel time this week as construction is expected to cause minor delays.
A CTA driver was critically injured and eight other people were hurt early Sunday in a chain-reaction crash on the South Side that involveda bus, a squad car and other vehicles.
Five teens were shot on Friday afternoon while waiting for a bus in the South Shore neighborhood on the South Side.
Several Chicago pastors want the city to shut down a convenience store in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood, where six people were shot last week – one of them fatally.
Chicago Police hope someone can help them solve the mystery of a John Doe, found wandering on a South Side street on Sunday.
One man died and five others were wounded when two gunmen sprayed a convenience store with bullets Thursday evening in the south side Auburn-Gresham neighborhood.
A woman and her 1-year-old baby were grazed by gunfire Sunday afternoon in the Chatham neighborhood.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 6 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 6 hours ago