A 22-year-old man was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head on the South Side, police said.
A bizarre weekend where the high exceeded 80 degrees also brought a rash of violence across Chicago, which left at least 10 people dead and some 40 others wounded.
Conditions were pleasant overnight, but violence spilled onto the streets of Chicago in many areas – leaving three people dead and at least five others wounded from 4 p.m. Monday to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
A man was shot and killed in the parking lot of a White Castle restaurant in the Gresham neighborhood Wednesday afternoon.
Police have put out pictures of a man suspected of raping a woman on a CTA Red Line train last week, and the Guardian Angels have been handing out fliers in an effort to find the assailant.
A Chicago Police officer was hospitalized Monday morning, after a police chase ended on the south lakefront with the officer’s own gun discharging.
Seven people were killed and 18 more were wounded – including a Chicago Police officer – in a violent weekend on the streets of Chicago.
Two women were critically injured early Tuesday when their car hit a snow plow in the West Chatham neighborhood.
A historic building in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood was torn down overnight, after its upper story came crashing to the ground and left four people injured.
A landmark building in the Gresham neighborhood was being torn down Tuesday night, after part of the building collapsed earlier in the day, injuring four people.
An elderly woman was injured Sunday morning when the car she was driving crashed into a medical building in the South Side Auburn-Gresham neighborhood after it had been rear-ended by a truck.
A worker is dead after an accident at a demolition site in the Chatham neighborhood Wednesday morning.
Three teenagers stand charged with beating a man to death at a bus stop for his cell phone.
A group of men beat a 41-year-old man to death over a cell phone at a bus stop on 79th Street over the weekend, in an attack that a neighbor called “senseless.”
A convenience store owner was in serious condition Thursday morning, after being shot during an attempted holdup in the Chatham neighborhood.
Chicago Police need your help to find a missing teenage girl, last seen Friday near a high school on the Southwest Side.
Police are looking for three gunmen who shot four people in the South Side’s Auburn-Gresham neighborhood overnight.
A 41-year-old butcher at a South Chicago neighborhood meat market was killed Thursday morning by a bullet that went through the shop’s front window.
Two people were shot and wounded late Tuesday afternoon in the South Side Auburn-Gresham neighborhood.
At least eight people were shot and wounded during a six-hour span throughout the city Saturday evening.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!