8th Congressional District
Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth is trying to raise questions about who exactly is behind a SuperPAC she says has raised nearly $2 million for her opponent, Congressman Joe Walsh.
As CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley reports, Congressman Joe Walsh and challenger Tammy Duckworth are pulling out all the stops.
Suburban Congressional candidate Tammy Duckworth is assure the business community that she is ready to respond to their needs.
Republican Congressman Joe Walsh isn’t apologizing for his statement that Democratic rival Tammy Duckworth seems to talk too much about her military service record.
In the 8th Congressional District – in the northern suburbs in Lake, McHenry and Cook counties – promises to have one of the most watched races of the 2012 Congressional elections.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.), who faced his strongest challenge in years, defeated fellow Democrat Debbie Halvorson, in the 2nd Congressional District primary.
The Democrats vying to face off against U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) are airing their differences ahead of Tuesday’s Primary, even as they agree on many issues.
Tea Party U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) was expected Monday to pick the district in which he will seek reelection, but as of late Monday afternoon, he had yet to make an announcement.
Their backgrounds are vastly different, but the candidates for the Democratic primary race for the 8th Congressional District north of Chicago are both focusing on the federal budget for veterans.
Unofficial election results show Republican Joe Walsh holding a slim 291-vote lead over incumbent Democratic U.S. Rep. Melissa Bean in Illinois’ 8th District.
U.S. Rep. Melissa Bean (D-Ill.) is not conceding defeat to Republican opponent Joe Walsh, despite a 347-vote deficit in the vote count.
As the vote count continues in the northwest suburban 8th Congressional District, the margin between Republican Joe Walsh and Democratic incumbent Melissa Bean narrows.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 8 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 8 hours ago