The task of finding employment can be a daunting one. Take advantage of the many employment resources Chicago has to offer.
Hurricane Sandy proved to us that there is no way of knowing what will come as it tore through areas that had no idea how to confront it. Take the time now to find your local resources in case your area is hit by an unexpected natural occurrence.
For a true pet lover, finding a place to work that is also pet friendly is a dream come true. Having your pet with you while you work can increase productivity and create a more relaxed work environment. There a some great places to work right in Chicago that not only allow pet accompaniment in the workplace, but encourage it.
For most people, animals are more than just pets. They aren’t just there to fill a space in the home, they are family. And you always want to do something special for family. Here is a list of pet-friendly and owner-friendly ideas that may come in handy this holiday season.
Take the initiative to avoid zombie children this winter by planning a trip or two. There are numerous options for a quick family trip within driving distance of Chicago. Plan ahead and create a great winter vacation for your family.
There is nothing like a real Christmas tree that exudes the scent of pine throughout your home during the holidays. This year, instead of just taking your family to a standard nursery, take them to cut down their very own.
This Christmas, take the time to step back and think about what personal touches you can add to help give your gifts a memorable quality.
Explore Chicago and all of the wonderful holiday volunteer opportunities it has to offer and maybe you will be able to bring a little joy into someone’s heart.
There are amazingly talented photographers in the Lincoln Square area just waiting to capture your darling children for everlasting memories.
If you are looking for a different way for your child to enjoy Halloween, Chicago provides plenty of events that you can use as an alternative to trick-or-treating.
Lucky for you, Chicago offers plenty of adult friendly events to satisfy your Halloween needs.
Smaller children can’t always handle the frights of haunted houses. Here’s a list of Chicago-area haunts that will still allow the kids some sound sleep without nightmares.
From parties to parades, Chicago offers plenty of Halloween thrills that the entire family can enjoy, including the ones that bark.
Help your child get ahead of the game by enrolling them in any of these bilingual activities south of The Loop.
Get out and enjoy some apple picking with your family.
The clock is ticking down: Summer is almost over and nobody’s ready. Sure you may have completed your technical preparations. Maybe you have done all of your school supply shopping, picked out the perfect outfit for the first day of school and even finished that daunting list of summer readings. Before the kids return to school, bid that summer vacation the proper farewell, soaking up the last relaxing, sun-soaked days together.
With PTA meetings and soccer practices, midnight feedings and poopy diapers, you have to remember that you are still a person with separate needs. And you have a spouse who has those same needs. So here is the time to step out of the mystical magical world of parenthood and take a day to get lost in the romantic bliss that waits in the streets of Chicago.
With so many choices, there is no reason to walk around wearing the same trinkets as everyone else.So where do you look to find these awesome and unique pieces? Well, as always, Chicago has a ton of options for you to choose from.
Chicago has a lot more to offer than just deep dish pizzas. It is also the home to some of the most delicious barbecue around.
Why not go for some live entertainment? The night calls for cabaret. Chicago has some of the best venues for just that. If you should know anything about Chicago, it is that it has a rich history in comedy and cabaret.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!