Ald. Carrie Austin
After facing vociferous backlash from residents over the hated parking meter lease, two dozen Chicago aldermen have rushed to support the Emanuel administration’s agreement with the parking meter firm to offer free Sunday parking, as part of a series of proposed changes to the 75-year deal.
Police said abandoned buildings serve as havens for drug and gang activity.
A key South Side Democrat is expressing anger in the wake of a published report that U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. might be seeking a plea deal with federal prosecutors probing his use of campaign funds.
The head of a powerful City Council committee was speaking out Tuesday, in support of Soft Sheen Products founder Edward Gardner, who has led a pair of protests over minority hiring for construction work.
After a 32-year-old woman was killed in a fire at a high-rise apartment building in Lakeview, city officials have been trying to figure out how much progress other high rises are making toward installing updated fire safety systems.
A published report is shedding light on a reported angry confrontation recently at City Hall.
Aldermen at Friday’s City Council budget hearings said they hope there’s some way to prevent the big cuts in Public Library staffing and hours proposed by Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
Some Chicago aldermen got a chance to walk a mile in the shoes of firefighters Thursday.
Interim Chicago Police Supt. Terry Hillard was back on the street for the first time in years on Friday.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!