Ald. Danny Solis
Ald. Danny Solis (25th) wants graffiti artists to redirect their pastime toward legitimate artwork – namely, murals along a railroad embankment in the Pilsen neighborhood.
The chairman of the City Council’s Zoning Committee is warning Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) not to try to block a Chick-Fil-A restaurant from coming to his ward simply because the head of the company publicly opposes same sex marriage.
A proposal to lighten the penalties for possessing small amounts of marijuana in Chicago has the backing of Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
Two months after her death, former Chicago First Lady Maggie Daley was honored by the City Council.
Efforts to resolve differences over a new Aldermanic ward map broke down along racial lines Thursday, but top City Council officials say they’re hopeful they can reach agreement on a new plan floated this afternoon.
Aldermen have introduced an ordinance that would reduce the penalties for small amounts of marijuana, but they are in no hurry to pass it.
Imagine sending your kids to school every day not knowing if the air they’re breathing could harm them. That’s what parents of students at Perez Elementary School in Pilsen have been struggling with.
State lawmakers and advocates for immigrants’ rights are condemning a federal program, which they say is targeting families and not the worst criminals for which it was designed.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!