Ald. James Balcer
Starting at 9:11 a.m., volunteers have been reading the names of the American men and women who have been killed while serving in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, at a ceremony outside the Thompson Center.
A week ago, it was anti-war protesters. Yesterday, supporters of U.S. troops had their turn to take over the streets of downtown Chicago.
Opening day has arrived for the Cubs, and the team and the local alderman are urging fans to use public transportation.
You might not know it yet, but coming soon to a street corner near you could be traffic speed traps – maybe a lot more of them than Mayor Rahm Emanuel discussed last week.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday that he’s pushing for state lawmakers to allow the city to use its red light cameras to catch speeding drivers near schools and parks.
After years of being stalled in the City Council, a bill to change the way the Police Board operates has won preliminary approval.
The City of Chicago wants you to help U.S. troops abroad keep in touch with their families.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel has formally announced his agreement with the planned reorganization of the Chicago City Council.
The deaths last month of two Chicago firefighters in a roof collapse may result in a tougher law regarding vacant buildings.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!