For the first time in more than a year, the Chicago Cubs finally won a game in Milwaukee.
Check out this pictures of the five best shortstops from 1997 taken for Sports Illustrated.
Alex Gonzalez hit a three-run homer in Milwaukee’s five-run first inning, sending the Brewers to a 7-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.
Randy Wolf retired six of the first seven batters he faced Wednesday and extended his scoreless streak into an eighth inning this spring before a two-run fourth as Milwaukee beat the Chicago Cubs 10-2 Wednesday.
Ryan Dempster pitched three scoreless innings and the Chicago Cubs beat a Milwaukee Brewers split-squad 6-1 on Saturday afternoon.
Jake Peavy is more concerned with his health than results this spring training. A right shoulder injury cut short his 2010 season and delayed his start last year, but Peavy came into spring training feeling healthy. Finally.
Alfonso Soriano homered, Randy Wells pitched effectively into the seventh and the Chicago Cubs beat the Atlanta Braves 3-2 on Wednesday night.
Craig Kimbrel tied a major league rookie record with his 40th save, Jason Heyward hit his first career grand slam, and the Atlanta Braves hung on to win their sixth straight, beating the Chicago Cubs 5-4 on Tuesday night.
Jake Peavy was the version of himself White Sox fans expected after being acquired from the Padres in the middle of 2009. Peavy retired 16 straight Blue Jays, didn’t walk anyone and left the game […]
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!