At least 50 mayors who double as liquor commissioners have taken campaign contributions totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars from the same bars they watch over. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
The Better Government Association has been putting pressure on the Chicago City Council as city officials weigh possible privatization of Midway International Airport, in an effort to make sure it won’t turn out like the disastrous parking meter lease deal.
CBS 2 and the Better Government Association first disclosed how Chicago Public School employees were gaming the $175 million program meant for poor children.
CTA fares are going up so that desperately needed infrastructure improvements can be paid for; all while the final fixes are underway to correct costly mistakes made on the CTA’s $580 million Brown Line reconstruction project.
Constituents in Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s district have gone without representation on Capitol Hill for more than five months, and the head of the Better Government Association said Wednesday that they might have go go without a congressman for several more months, thanks to Jackson’s ongoing health and legal problems.
The head of the Better Government Association says the continued absence of Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is troubling. and certainly not good government.
A dozen principals and assistant principals have been removed for allegedly scheming to obtain free or reduced-price school lunches for their own children.
Better Government Association president Andy Shaw says U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson (D-Ill.) owes the public more answers than he has provided.
The head of the Better Government Association is giving the Emanuel administration high marks for changing a controversial sick day policy at the City Colleges of Chicago.
The Better Government Association is denouncing the latest examples of alleged government pension manipulation, uncovered by a Chicago Tribune investigation.
The Better Government Association is urging the appointment of a special prosecutor to reinvestigate the case of David Koschman, who died after being punched by a nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley.
He could be the king of double-dipping in Chicago. The Better Government Association says what’s happening with Chicago State University President Wayne Watson proves the public pension system is broken.
Voters in Evanston on Tuesday cast their ballots in favor of abolishing the township form of government.
A new study shows how far and how fast taxes have been going up in various municipalities in Cook County.
The Better Government Association has set up an online petition to eliminate the state’s legislative scholarship program, with state Rep. Robert Rita (D-Blue Island) now accused of granting a scholarship to a political ally’s daughter.
They aren’t government employees. They are in effect lobbyists, but their salaries and pensions are funded in part by your tax dollars.
The Better Government Association doesn’t trust lawmakers to reform the state’s legislative scholarship program, so it is calling for the abolition of the program.
A new law taking effect on Jan. 1 will mandate Illinois public officials learn more about transparency, but a good government group says it’s not enough.
You could call it a family affair: A Cook County government official helps oversee the work of a company that employs his relatives. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman investigates.
How would you like to make $40,000 a year for working just over 10 hours a month? Too good to be true? Not if you’ve got “the right stuff” for a state board like the Illinois Human Rights Commission.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!