A 58-year-old woman was killed by a hit-and-run driver while she was walking in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood Thursday night, authorities said.
A neighborhood in southwest suburban Summit woke up Monday morning to find homes covered in graffiti and cars smashed with bricks – and now police say they have two men in custody.
Another violent night on the streets of Chicago has sent eight people – including two teenage boys – to the hospital.
A serious crash shut down several lanes of busy Route 83 early Thursday near Lemont.
A wrecked car without a driver was found early Sunday parked a little more than a mile from the scene of a Saturday night hit-and-run crash that killed a 49-year-old South Side woman.
A woman was arrested after a two-car crash early Sunday that killed a 28-year-old man in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood.
Authorities have released a sketch of the man suspected of shooting a Downers Grove man in an apparent road rage shooting in the southwest suburbs.
A truck slammed into a teenage pedestrian late Tuesday morning near Curie High School on the city’s Southwest Side.
A body was found Friday in a car floating in Bubbly Creek off the Chicago River’s South Branch.
A freight train derailment has shut down a busy intersection on the Southwest Side.
Authorities have charged four men, after leading police on a chase from the city’s Southwest Side to suburban Bridgeview Tuesday night.
Four men burst into a Southwest Side restaurant and robbed workers inside Friday morning. No one was hurt and police continue to search for them.
New allegations of brutality have surfaced against Chicago Police officers, this time involving a Southwest Side liquor store manager who says he was mistaken for a robber and roughed up.
A man wearing a motorcycle helmet and armed with a gun robbed a bank near Midway Airport on the Southwest Side on Wednesday morning.
Construction crews hit a gas main this morning near in the Southwest Side’s Garfield Ridge neighborhood, prompting police to reroute traffic.
A suspect is in custody, after a man was killed and his girlfriend wounded in a shooting late Thursday in the Bridgeport neighborhood.
A 24-year-old Southwest Side man has been charged with slamming into the brother of an Illinois State Senator, and fleeing the scene, outside a polling place on Election Day.
Elections investigator gets the license number. Two men caught.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!