A Cook County Circuit Court judge has given the owner of a Bucktown bar until Tuesday to come up with $135,000 — or lose the establishment, which has a history dating back 50 years.
Some neighbors are voicing concerns about a three-story Walgreens drugstore that is now planned for Armitage Avenue in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
Lincoln Park residents are upset that a predominately African American church is leaving the neighborhood in two weeks, and a Walgreens is moving in.
A Canada-based tea café is setting up shop on three fashionable strips in Chicago.
Alcohol is being blamed in a weekend crash that killed a 23-year-old woman on the Kennedy Expressway.
Traffic was disrupted early Monday when a water main broke and flooded busy Lincoln Avenue in the Lincoln Park-Old Town neighborhood.
Alcohol is believed to be a factor in a 3-car crash on the Kennedy Expressway Sunday morning that led to the death of a 23-year-old woman.
Police are investigating multiple reports of a smell of natural gas in and around the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
A deer has been holding court in a vacant lot in the Lincoln Park neighborhood for the past two days now.
Busy Grand Avenue was shut down for a time on the city’s West Side Tuesday morning, after an explosion in a ComEd vault blew off a manhole cover.
A 57-year-old taxi driver died following an accident Sunday morning in the Near Northwest Side Bucktown neighborhood that may have been caused by a medical condition he suffered.
Big crowds showed up for an Oscar-watching party on the at the Park West theater Sunday evening.
A Logan Square man is dead after being stabbed Saturday night near his Northwest Side home.
Charlie Trotter is calling it quits.
A Logan Square charged with reckless homicide for crashing the car he was driving into a group of people, killing one, during a gang-related chase Friday night on the Northwest Side has been ordered held in jail for violation of probation.
Chicago Animal Care and Control is trying to track down three coyotes that surrounded a woman and her two dogs in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
A Lincoln Park neighborhood woman says she is fearful for people walking their dogs on the North Side after a very close encounter with a pack of coyotes Tuesday morning.
It is big, it’s blue, and it sprang up out of nowhere and people living in the Lincoln Park neighborhood said Wednesday that they want to know why a giant statue has been erected in their neighborhood.
Five people – four of them minors – were seriously injured in a rollover crash Sunday morning on the Kennedy Expressway on the North Side.
A home dating from 1888 collapsed in an extra-alarm fire Friday afternoon, on trendy Armitage Avenue in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!