Police say drug markets in the South and West Sides were “effectively dismantled” with the culmination Friday of several missions targeting these markets, in areas affected by gang violence.
The city’s most influential alderman on Monday said he had serious concerns about Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s plan to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana.
The FBI and Chicago Police arrested 19 suspected members of the Imperial Gangsters from the Humboldt Park neighborhood Tuesday after a three-year investigation into drug and weapon sales.
A dozen protesters were arrested Wednesday evening, during a protest march through downtown Chicago, as part of a show of solidarity with a student strike in Quebec.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart still has his eyes on Joliet as a possible place to house any arrestee overflow there might be later this month during the NATO summit.
The NATO summit is just weeks away and Chicago officials are figuring out how to handle the thousands of protestors expected to turn out for the meetings.
Federal immigration agents and police have arrested 29 reputed street gang members in the Chicago area, all but one of them foreign nationals. It was part of a larger national crackdown.
Nearly two dozen people were arrested overnight, after a protest at a mental health clinic in the South Side’s Woodlawn neighborhood.
A small group of Occupy Chicago activists marched through downtown Chicago Sunday night, in a hastily-called march to protest the arrest of their fellow demonstrators at gatherings in St. Louis and New York City over the weekend.
Which carries more weight, First Amendment rights or closing time at Chicago’s parks? Attorneys for dozens of Occupy Chicago protestors arrested in Grant Park last fall want a judge to answer that question.
ST. CHARLES, Ill. (CBS) — This year’s so “No Refusal” program on Super Bowl Sunday is being called a success in Kane County. As WBBM Newsradio’s John Waelti reports, the operation involves stepped-up DUI patrols […]
Police shut down a dangerous party at an unlicensed nightclub early Saturday, seizing thousands of dollars in cash and arresting eight people.
Sixteen Iraq War protesters wrongfully arrested after a 2003 demonstration that shut down Lake Shore Drive will receive an undisclosed financial settlement — and Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s administration is attempting to settle with 850 others.
It turns out some fans got a little out of hand during the Christmas Day Bears-Packers game.
Three teens are being held on high bonds – after being arrested in a food-delivery robbery sting.
Police were sent to a high school in Palos Hills three different times in one day last week, and three students are in big trouble now.
A key Cook County committee has endorsed County Board President Toni Preckwinkle’s plan to raise alcohol taxes as part of next year’s budget plan.
The Occupy Chicago protesters are trying to strike a deal with City Hall for a permanent place to gather, but haven’t gotten very far.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says he has no problem with treating low-level drug cases differently, but he draws the line at decriminalizing marijuana.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says he is proud of the way his officers have handled the Occupy Chicago protests still underway in the city.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!